The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Booooooooooost

scooby_doo_do

Just been for a blast in the car and the boost is still funny.... On the second turbo the car hits 1bar but then drops to 0.7ish shortly after...

Any ideas what this is ?

Basically the car used to only hit 0.7 bar so i fitted a manual boost controller to up the boost... Been like this since then.

Anyone near Brentwood want to have a look before i go to le mans on tuesday night ?

Thanks.

Craig,

P.s. Just done my first ever oil change....... Well chuffed !

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

i fitted a manual boost controller to up the boost...

P.s. Just done my first ever oil change....... Well chuffed !

I'm a little (OK a lot :)) gobsmacked.

You've never even changed the oil on a car before and you're fitting, and fiddling around with, boost controllers.

Have you still got the cats in? (sounds like it)

What sort of boost controller is it, bleed valve? Grainger valve?

My first impression is that it sounds like a weak actuator on the wastegate but without seeing the car its very difficult to tell.

lol..... All the cats have gone from the car and i've got stage 3 hybrids and a hks front mount..

The boost controlelr, was a shite thing i bought from ebay.. Its got a spring and a ball bearing in it i think.

Just never done an oil change on a car as its just as cheap to get the garage to do it ! - And don't run the risk of getting squashed under the wheels !

If its spiking and then coming back down I would say that its the manual boost controller/bleed valve, depending on the type some have a ball and spring setup with an adjustment screw which enables you to adjust the tension on the spring, they work ok but can cause this sort of spiking.

:thumbs:

If it's a brass screw type - looks like a T, and paid about £25-30 - I've tried one and found it not good for mine. It actually made less boost !

Geoff's wastegate diag sounds the right direction ( not a real techy myself - but I've seen similar discussions on the US boards )