The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polished Alloys help around Sheffield

Kammy

Hi Guys,

I have polished wheels on my car which have lost the polish-ness. I need help in getting these to shine again please. Is there anyone local to me that can help or knows somewhere local I can go to get help.

Here's how they used to be:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=17092&d=1271182239

Also what is the thoughts on getting these lacquered after I get them shining again. Will it help keep them clean for longer?

Many Thanks

Kam

I had my wheels re polished, and then wanted a clear coat on top to seal them, but it didn't take very well and in the end i had it removed. I've also seen other peoples that have gone cloudy after being sealed. If you can keep on top of them by polishing them at least once a week, you should be able to keep up a good shine.

Also as Spike has said the Meguiars NXT metal polish is a great product, it not only gives a great shine, but it also seals the wheel from moisture.

My alloys are the same model,

They polish up really well, give it a few goes with the Meguiars NXT.

I'll post a before and after pic of mine after I used it a few times - tomorrow when I get in from work.

Don't risk sanding them just yet, in the pic they look ok.

I started doing mine last time I was home, I am being lazy though not taking the wheel off and doing a bit at time everytime I wash it which is every 2days I do a bit more..! I am overseas but when get back I want to see that mirror finish..!

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips in maintenance but I need to get them looking good in the first place. This is the bit i'm worried about as firstly i'm very lazy and secondly I don't trust myself to get it right so i'd rather pay someone to do it properly. Does any body know of anyone or is anybody who has done it before willing to help me out for a (small) fee? Cheers

My alloys are the same model,

They polish up really well, give it a few goes with the Meguiars NXT.

I'll post a before and after pic of mine after I used it a few times - tomorrow when I get in from work.

Don't risk sanding them just yet, in the pic they look ok.

Sorry mate but the pics I posted was an early pic that I had in my gallery to show what type of wheels they were. They are no where near as shiny anymore unfortunately. I'll try and get some new pics up 2moro showing how bad they are now.

Kam

Hi Guys,

Was a good weekend so I managed to make some time to clean the car. Here are some pics of the wheels after the wash:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=17429&d=1274740653

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=17424&d=1274740452

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=17426&d=1274740511

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=17427&d=1274740523

Would love just to wipe the dirt off the rims but no luck.

Kam