The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Cams 256/264

Geo

Ok so iv managed to get some cams to finish off the car, thanks to AlanM on here.

So im wondering what the power increase will be, as i'll now be running twin walbro's, with about 30% duty left in the injectors left to play with :D

Also wondering if there is any differences between the 256/264 set up, and the 264/264???

The smaller ther overlap the more efficient the engine will be at lower RPM's, making better power lower down, the trade off is less peak HP. But, who spends all day at 7000rpm!!?

256/264 and 264/264 are a proven good setup for a T67 sized unit. It honestly won't matter if it's a 256 or a 264 inlet.

A 264/272 is supposed to be like nearly the spool of a 264/264 with nearly the power of a 272/272 so I guess the same can be applied to the 256/264 & the associated cams.

No point wondering what 264/264 is like if you got 256/264, just wack em in & enjoy them :D

A 264/272 is supposed to be like nearly the spool of a 264/264 with nearly the power of a 272/272 so I guess the same can be applied to the 256/264 & the associated cams.

No point wondering what 264/264 is like if you got 256/264, just wack em in & enjoy them :D

+1

I don't think there will be a huge difference in 256/264 vs 264/264.

The smaller ther overlap the more efficient the engine will be at lower RPM's, making better power lower down, the trade off is less peak HP. But, who spends all day at 7000rpm!!?

256/264 and 264/264 are a proven good setup for a T67 sized unit. It honestly won't matter if it's a 256 or a 264 inlet.

low power power down is kinda what i was looking at. Quicker off the mark so to speak, like you said bud who spends all day at 5000rpm all day???

Quality Geo..! you must be totally excited..! But I dont think you will finish there, soon it will be 600bhp, 700bhp,800 and so on...! lol

Na once this is done thats me, its interior time. 600+ will be enough for me. :D

What boost are you running now, George?

Should see over the 600 mark now

im running 1.6bar @530bhp, so with the add ons im hoping for over 600+, i'll see what Ryan maps it safely too??

Thats the plan dude, with a few track days, :D

+1

I don't think there will be a huge difference in 256/264 vs 264/264.

We'll soon find out eh, once i get it mapped and Dyno'd

I'm going to save that quote fella and hold it in your face one day :sly:

he he he he, in all honesty. im done with power after these parts are in and ryan has mapped it. 600+ is more than enough to kill pretty much anything on the road up here.

im running 1.6bar @530bhp, so with the add ons im hoping for over 600+, i'll see what Ryan maps it safely too??

That seems a little on the low side mate for 1.6bar. Was that at SRR?

What turbo, DP/MP, and exhaust do you have?

That seems a little on the low side mate for 1.6bar. Was that at SRR?

What turbo, DP/MP, and exhaust do you have?

yup SRR dude, running a precision T67, DP/MP is whifbitz 3'', and exhaust is a Super Dragger, but im only running one walbro. So figures should be about right.

• 2 weeks later...

Supra's benefit from a higher lift exhaust cam as the exhaust port design is terribly designed so staggered works well but again you do trade off low end poke.

When mike put his hks cams in his it totaly changed the car and he managed 611hp with i think 75% duty cycle but dont quote me on that

What other work would be a good idea to do when installing these cam's...?

I've done the oposite, I am going to do my interior first then performance...! This way I have time to study and put a nice exciting build together with lots of Spool, street monster..! lol

I have an VVTI I've been recomended Titan cams but I've only seen 272's..?