The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It took me all of 5 minutes to break my SSQV!

dani_r

My HKS SSQV arrived today - chuffed!

Fitted HKS SSQV - chuffed!

Test drove car with HKS SSQV - Disappointed at the poor noise :(

Drove home and started to tinker with the pipes and adjuster bolt at the back and then the vacuum hose connector snaps right off the SSQV right at the join! - Fully fully p*ssed off

Can someone please tell me if that bit can be replaced? Surely the whole unit isn't a write-off?

Cheers :(

Dan

It's the BOV I bought from Ellis in this thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=216943

It's broken right at the point where the vacuum pipe would go onto the BOV :(

Also, it looks totally different to the other SSQVs that you see. Is it an older unit?

Yeah that looks like the old model. I have one of these and it does not have the adjuster at the rear and the colour is different.

It slides out (the metal bit) if it won't come out get a drill bit the right size and drill it out and push the bit you have into the hole. use a bit of superglue to seal and job done.. (don't see what all the fuss is about..lol)

I had a fake eBay one it worked well u til I broke the same bit lol as said above I done this with a drill and it lasted another five months till I got myself the real deal

As mentioned about, the tube can be replaced, but the BOV needs to be disasembled to do it.

The pic looks like a genuine one, it's even discoloured the same way the genuine ones do :D Not heard of this happening before though.

Can't believe this Dan! Been on my car for over a year with no problems. Sounds like an easy fix though. eBay fake? Cheeky sod!!

No worries matey :) It was my own stupid fault!:rolleyes:

RobUK has a spare unit so it looks like we'll be back on the road soon :D

Is the stock unit working ok for you?

Is that done by losening the 10mm bolt at the back?

yer thats correct mate the 10 mm bolt. By screwing it in will make the spring stifer. unscrew it and it should be louder (or to wooooosh and lower boost levels)

The new ones dont have the screw they are pre set for individual cars.

yer thats correct mate the 10 mm bolt. By screwing it in will make the spring stifer. unscrew it and it should be louder (or to wooooosh and lower boost levels)

The new ones dont have the screw they are pre set for individual cars.

Spot on :) Cheers mate. I'll have a play around when I get the tube sorted