The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everyone

Arbedark

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a new car for quite a while and recently started doing some proper research. After all this I decided a Supra was for me, found this site a while ago and after lurking decided that I wanted to import one via Jurgen.

Had a look at his site and luckily this was on it, exactly what I wanted (aside from the strut braces, but you can't win them all):

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2010/supra11.html

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=217473

Put my deposit down at the weekend. And I'm extremely excited for her to arrive!

So I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

My name is Gareth and I'm currently studying a post-graduate degree at Keele University, real world beckons come September though. So hi all!

Thanks for all the welcomes.

I must say I am pleased with the car without having seen it in the flesh. I wanted something with low mileage and as close to stock as possible and I was willing to pay more for it.

I think I'll be keeping her standard for the next year or so and then slowly start to work on her as time and money allow.

Yeah the wait is killing me slightly, especially since I finish all my coursework on Wednesday and have to wait til internships start sometime at the end of June before there's anything else I can do, so I'll have nearly a whole month with nothing to do except wish I had my Supra to go for a spin in.

I'm originally from Sheffield, but been studying at Keele Uni (Stoke on Trent) for the past 5 years and then spend a lot of time at my girlfriends (Dudley).

Thanks Abz, she does look mint indeed, one of the reasons I bought her, other being that as far as I can tell stock, or almost stock, Supras are as rare as hens teeth.