The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trophy Blue ? Paint guys!

Paul

Visited a local spray shop today to get some prices and advice with regards to a re-spray, the guy there showed me an MGF that they had done some repairs to and it was in 'Trophy Blue', looks a great colour and was thinking having mine done in this.

Anyone know of or got any pics of a Supra done in this?

Also, the guy said they use two pack paint and the car goes in an oven after? I was under the impression that two pack air drys and doesn't require an oven?

He also said due to the large amount of stone chips on the front bumper, they would take it right back to bare and start again , Normal practice?

Paul

Originally posted by Paul

Visited a local spray shop today to get some prices and advice with regards to a re-spray, the guy there showed me an MGF that they had done some repairs to and it was in 'Trophy Blue', looks a great colour and was thinking having mine done in this.

Anyone know of or got any pics of a Supra done in this?

Also, the guy said they use two pack paint and the car goes in an oven after? I was under the impression that two pack air drys and doesn't require an oven?

He also said due to the large amount of stone chips on the front bumper, they would take it right back to bare and start again , Normal practice?

Paul

"2 pack is air dry or oven depending on hardner used , re the bumper , either that or flat out the chips and prime , diff to say without seeing , an oven finish can be orange peely , ask if they will be flatting and polishing it !!!!:thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

Hi Dude,

seem to remember him saying something about this MG's paint needing 'flatting' as it wasn't finished, how's this done then, abrasive then polished?

What are the differences with the hardeners, any advantages with the oven over air dry one?

He also said they would remove ALL glass, screen, rear screen and quarters, why remove the screens?

Paul

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Kevin Huntleys Supra is Trophy blue, but with added bits :)

Is it really ! The one on the Envy website?

I thought that looked a little pale in the photo's but in real life on this MG it looked great.

Thanks, I'll take another look at Kevins then.

Paul

£2600 all in, paint etc.

This is with all glass out (?) doors/bonnet/hatch/bumpers off.

Door shuts etc done and slam panel at front.

Includes filling a minor dent on rear quarter and changing over drivers door I got from Al (locks swapped/mirror etc).

Not cheap but I've also had one for about £3500 and that was just a 'blow over', same colour glass left in !!

I'm also considering our very own Dude, I should think he would come in better than the £2600 but it's the distance involved.

Paul

Originally posted by Paul

£2600 all in, paint etc.

This is with all glass out (?) doors/bonnet/hatch/bumpers off.

Door shuts etc done and slam panel at front.

Includes filling a minor dent on rear quarter and changing over drivers door I got from Al (locks swapped/mirror etc).

Not cheap but I've also had one for about £3500 and that was just a 'blow over', same colour glass left in !!

I'm also considering our very own Dude, I should think he would come in better than the £2600 but it's the distance involved.

Paul

Prob around £600 better , but there is no need to remove front and rear screens , you do realise the front screen is circca £700 if it gets broke !!!!:eek: The rear 1/4's however have to come out for a colour change !!

Dude:flame Dev

I couldn't see the point of the screens out either? Just removing the trim looks enough.

The guy said they had a window bloke come in and if any broke they would claim on my insurance.

What extra for fitting a set of TRD replica skirts at the same time?

Paul