The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worlds fastest stock block Supra!

JamieP

That's a lot of power for a stock block :blink:

They seem to be able to take it though, for short periods at least. Would love someone to build a 900hp+ car in the UK with a stock block, just to see how well it can cope if religiously serviced and not drag raced every other day.

They seem to be able to take it though, for short periods at least. Would love someone to build a 900hp+ car in the UK with a stock block, just to see how well it can cope if religiously serviced and not drag raced every other day.

Always surprised how much power the stock blocks can take :cool:

Great video Stuart :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well i am off to the pod on Friday the 18th after i visit Hauser again for the slicks and suspension tweeks.

I am going to run the test and tune day and then its back on with the road tyres for street eliminator on the saturday and sunday.

http://www.streeteliminator.com/

The car is ready mainly having set up the launch control and a few extra cooling fans as she got a bit warm @ shakey doin 17 back to back runs :innocent:

In theory i should be able to get my 60ft's down from 1.55 to low 1.2's with the slicks, the way i see it is anything is an improvement over the 9.89

The problem i have been having with reactions is once in stage the car takes 4-5 seconds to build boost. I have now learned left foot braking and now enter stage hard on the footbrake with 4000rpm already built. I proved this style when i got a 0.09 reaction after a bit of practice.

Who knows but i am gonna give it my best shot:D

Hopefully see some of you guys there

Come on Stuart. You threw a wheel at me in 2007/8 you should've got there by now. :D

On the other hand your trip round Castle Combe was inspiring. :)

Good luck mate.

Andy

Hoping to see you at Suprapod fella. :)

Those wheels where light! I will be @ suprapod :D

You should send the hks guys a email to update your time.;)

http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/2010racers.php

10.4 was my best on the HKS day, My 9.89 was when i entered the King of the street the day before. TBH when i did the 10.4 it felt crap and was on road tyres! I am looking foreward to the next HKS round 3rd/4th July with the slicks like my fellow competitors :flame:

9.16 @ 154

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590970

Our very own StuartW is not very far behind this on his first try, maybe he should go for the record? be great to have a UK Supra world record:cool:

Ive pm'd a link to stuart;)

Stock block!!! Fully worked head and a TH400 with a transbrake and 5000rpm converter, a real street car then:innocent: Is it also running methanol?? There are 2 schools of thought, especially in the states, rather than put 20K into a race engine that MAY last a season find it cheaper to run good cond stock blocks (normally with loads of NOS) if they go thru 4 engines a season it is still cheaper. I will bet a stock TT with a TH 400 and enough NOS will easily get in the 9's

• 4 months later...

Just to update this, Since the 9.52 @ 142.5MPH we now have NOS fitted and re-mapped by Ryan G.

Also the boost has been upped from 1.8 Bar to 2.1Bar.

Maxnos race fuel and slicks this weekend @ Suprapod 2 Shakey :D We will be at the track from Friday eve.

Wish me luck :search: