The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost issue - Possible cause? need advice *pics*

The-Plethora

Anyone who has met me will know I am not the most technical soul in the world and it was on the way to wheels in motion the other week where I noticed the boost guage was 'working' but giving some low readings.

I couldnt find much in the way of an idots guide on the web but managed to find some pics so followed the pipework etc to see if I could find anything amiss, I did...

This (what looks like) a filter fits between these 2 pipes and seems to have snapped in half so they deffinately go together.

I just wanted a quick pointer to say if this carries high preassure, can it be fixed?, can I buy a new one? or simply remove the filter and replace it with straight through hose?

The warning lights I got where the exclamation light and the engine management light later diagnosed to be a boost issue. So it seems I have finally found the cause but is it fixable?

This is where you people in the know come in :D

Hi bud, you can connect it up without the filter as a temp measure, im sure you can buy a new one from somewhere.. you could glue it back together but not sure if you could make a perfect seal.. Try it.. the worst that can happen is that it breaks again lol and youll be back to square one

Well fancy that, hooked it up with the hose I got the other day and no warning lights or anything to speak of even when giving it full beans :) Very happy especialy as I was going to get it a full going over to diagnose the fault. There might be money in this car fixing game I reckon!

It seems to be this http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=737

But seems the only place that does them is the US?

If anyone reading has a spare and wants some cash please drop me a line.

I set the boost controller at 0.7 and 1.0 bar and the guage gave me those readings. Have to source that IACV valve now I know its nothign more serious and get the sequential boost back.