The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track Day Tyres

Rajinder

Thanks for the info.

In my experience any tyre that is good for dry and wet will always be a compromise.

Have been using R888 for some time. The problem is, you boot up your car with R888 on the track day and British weather being what it is it's raining or damp and the 888 are no good in the wet. So you carry 4 spare tyres.

That was the main reason for buying R1-R and I think I will find that they are slightly better than the Good Year F1 Eagles for which I have great respect as they are great tyres on the track wet or dry.

Of course on a dry track R888 are fantastic.

I've heard bad things about the R1-R... so much so that they decided never to offer them for the UK market. I know some guys who tested them for Toyo (drifters) and they hated them.

I've been very impressed with my T1-Rs actually, especially in the wet. Mine handles very well, and they actually perform much better when you get some heat in them. Not as good as R888s in the dry, but overall I rate them very highly.

I'd love to try Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (Original_Amo has these and he loves them). Only problem is the price :D

Pilot Sport Cups and P Zero C's may be dearer but they are worth it, not only are they head and shoulders better than Toyos, they'll last a lot longer, too. But with all these types of tyres, you MUST set the geo up to suit them, and the stock adjustment may not give enough negative on the front end to work them correctly.