The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Name badges for shows sorted

Blackie

Every show we go to there is always someone after saying they didnt meet anyone or didnt know who was who but no one actually does anything about it. Its really weird going up to people and saying "Are you off the forum?" (I have done it a few times) so heres a link for some badges, They are really cheap and on the "Receptionist" you can have "Mkivsupra.net" with your name above it. Tbh im sick of calling everyone mate as i'm really bad with names. Good idea?I think we should all go with a singular colour, Maybe gold

LINK

oblong-badges-goldblack.jpg

Was the biggest issue I found at being part of a club stand. There wasn't a meeting place/time organised and noone knew who anyone was.

I'm terrible with names too so would be a great idea. Although I would go with "Username" on the bottom. The badge could be uniquely designed for club members so that we know who is who.

how about armbands with user names on them as alternative (if name tags seem a bit to 'officey')?

mkivsupra.net t-shirts with user names on the back- a step to far?..

although i would happily wear one if it looked good. and it would look quite cool at non- supra only events if a group of us were wearing them..

Just some ideas.

Wrist band seems a good idea, badges in my opinion are a bit "my first day at big school":d

To the new members walking up to a big group of people they dont know is like a first day at big school :) You cant see wrist bands so you will still have to ask "So, Who are you?"

mkivsupra.net t-shirts with user names on the back- a step to far?..

we would look like the scooby lot with there "W@nk3r t shirts on"*

* W@nk3r t shirt comes from a game MarcP and i like to play at shows, The first one to say "W@nk3r" when they see some one with an impreza club t shirt on wins, Very childlike but very funny and we get to say w@nk3r loads

I like the lanyard idea, I know it was mentioned a few years ago but nothing ever came of it.

It did, I have a tonne of lanyards in my car that Tom did for JAE.

I believe the hassle of trying to get people to pick up their badges and the fact that a number of people just dont want to wear a badge stopped it being used again.

More than happy to see this tried again as it makes sense. But the organisers of an event wont be chasing down people to pick up their badges!!

I believe the hassle of trying to get people to pick up their badges and the fact that a number of people just dont want to wear a badge stopped it being used again.

If they dont pick up there badge they dont get recognised and just turn in to some random bloke at the show, Simple.

:p Can i have "MATE" put on mine please

hi Blackie:innocent:

yes Derrick :p

how about we all have the same jackets with our user names on them .it does look good .

we would look like the scooby lot with there "W@nk3r t shirts on"*

* W@nk3r t shirt comes from a game MarcP and i like to play at shows, The first one to say "W@nk3r" when they see some one with an impreza club t shirt on wins, Very childlike but very funny and we get to say w@nk3r loads

Visited japfest yesterday for the first time and would have been great to chat to fellow members.I eventually found the club area mid afternoon and saw plenty of nice cars but there was nobody with them.There were thousands of people at the show so had no chance of knowing who the cars belonged to.

I think a plain black t/shirt with small username on front and club on rear would be ideal.Then a username on car windscreen matches everyone to their vehicles;)

as JB says, some one has to put the effort in, I believe it was Mike (Pixelfil) and his good lady last time.

Burna still has plenty with assorted names on. I don't think they look first day at school, they became fun as new people get to know who they want to talk to.

Colours becomes bad and makes some people think they are special. I'll arrange for one colour easy to read name badges. Makes life a lot easier to all.

May even add a surcharge, refundable on return..... that way they can be re-used or count as a club merchandise item

as JB says, some one has to put the effort in, I believe it was Mike (Pixelfil) and his good lady last time.

Burna still has plenty with assorted names on. I don't think they look first day at school, they became fun as new people get to know who they want to talk to.

Colours becomes bad and makes some people think they are special. I'll arrange for one colour easy to read name badges. Makes life a lot easier to all.

May even add a surcharge, refundable on return..... that way they can be re-used or count as a club merchandise item

We are willing to put some effort in Tom, as i said, the badges above with the MkivSupra.net on the receptionist part and user name above, I think usernames will be better as people dont know who the hell Tom, Dick or Harry are (With the exception of Tom of course) or if the club are going to sort them out drop the surcharge and sell them to people, They cant cost more than a few quid and everyone goes to loads of shows. i want a different colour though please as i'm sppesshal