The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats up everyone

Guest PearlWhiteSupra

Guest PearlWhiteSupra

i'm new to the site.

i own a 95 Auto, Pearl White Supra JZ twin turbo converted to single, and just ran into a problem. I was headed down 124 doing about 60 when i felt the car REV like it switched into Nuetral. it no longer drives forward in Gears D-2-L but it goes in reverse just fine. thats how i got it home.. LOL! Reverse FTW!

i'm thinking it's the Torque Converter. any info would be helpful.

sorry for posting it here but i don't know how to navigate this site yet.

Edited by PearlWhiteSupra (see edit history)

Every one is at Jap Fest dude...! you will have to wait a few days for an answer...! I am the only one online at the mo as I am stuck on a offshore drilling rig of west coast of Africa..! haha

I've asked a couple of local African boys here, and they said that with the right tools you can pretty much fit any gear box in the supra but they recommend one of a land cruiser as they are very tough..! If there is not enough space you may need to raise the car so chop a spring in half and add it on top of what you have...!

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to mechanics, but as all boys are out having a fantastic day at jap fest! I am your best bet, hope that help some...! If it works out my African palls are asking if you could send them a fake 50 cents medallion..? It would make them very happy..!

Ps. on a more serious note, I think you've answered your own question...!

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

every one is at jap fest dude...! You will have to wait a few days for an answer...! I am the only one online at the mo as i am stuck on a offshore drilling rig of west coast of africa..! Haha

i've asked a couple of local african boys here, and they said that with the right tools you can pretty much fit any gear box in the supra but they recommend one of a land cruiser as they are very tough..! If there is not enough space you may need to raise the car so chop a spring in half and add it on top of what you have...!

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to mechanics, but as all boys are out having a fantastic day at jap fest! I am your best bet, hope that help some...! If it works out my african palls are asking if you could send them a fake 50 cents medallion..? It would make them very happy..!

Ps. On a more serious note, i think you've answered your own question...!

:D

Every one is at Jap Fest dude...! you will have to wait a few days for an answer...! I am the only one online at the mo as I am stuck on a offshore drilling rig of west coast of Africa..! haha

I've asked a couple of local African boys here, and they said that with the right tools you can pretty much fit any gear box in the supra but they recommend one of a land cruiser as they are very tough..! If there is not enough space you may need to raise the car so chop a spring in half and add it on top of what you have...!

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to mechanics, but as all boys are out having a fantastic day at jap fest! I am your best bet, hope that help some...! If it works out my African palls are asking if you could send them a fake 50 cents medallion..? It would make them very happy..!

Ps. on a more serious note, I think you've answered your own question...!

:rlol:

Not sure if it is the torque converter, as surely that always turns the same direction as the engine and just drives the layshaft? surely the mechanics of forward/reverse are in the autobox and if the torque converter was faulty it'd be more like a slipping clutch in both directions. My 'guess' would be a broken linkage on the selector.

btw, my mechanicallingly skills are somewhat on par with Brazils. thats not the country you understand but the other member here. In fact I'm sure there are some great mechanics in Brazil. possibly pop down and get them to have a looky? :D

Good luck

Rob

Guest PearlWhiteSupra

good looking homie. i got it back in the shop who originally did the work. i'm waiting on them to let me know whats up. but yea it did have a slipping clucth feeling to it. forward and backwards. but it just no longer goes forward. when i g it to the shop, i showed them the slipping clutch feeling and how it REV'd like a clucth was pressed and then the gear kinda slams into place and it goes. so they said they will get back to me by tomorrow Tuesday 05/17 so hopefully i don't have to dish out money for another Tranny. also thanks for the Slight help. LOL.

also i might be selling it for 40k, just had a hit on it and if that happens, i just seen one going for $3600 everything still intact. gr8 condition and everything. ;-)

Edited by PearlWhiteSupra (see edit history)