The mkiv Supra Owners Club

“Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!”

Dave_SZ-R

Yep, Ive gone and bought another Supra.

Its a 1995 Silver J-spec NA auto which is nowt to get excited about, but I got a fantastic deal and its in extremely good nick indeed, so felt I should share!

Sold the last Supra because I felt it was drinking too much, and vowed I was going for something more frugal. Then I saw this locally, drove it and had to have it.

The car has 85k on it, and had no advisories at all on last MOT. Bodywork is totally stock, the only mods being the 18s, Motoria exhaust and white dials (El-glo?). Again, the condition this is in is superb for a 15-year-old car.

Love the auto box, very nice smooth changes and knows when to kick down.

All in all, I got a real bargain on a clean & tidy Supra so well chuffed.

Enjoy!

Auto boxes are quite good aren't they.

Im usually the one slagging them off, but I genuinely am surprised with it. Drove an auto Mustang and an auto Dodge Avenger in the U.S. a couple of years ago and found them a bit slushy. The Supra is more eager to kick down and smoother too.

Thanks for the compliments chaps, the car is a testament to its former owner. Can you believe he wasnt even a member on here?! Whats that all about?!

That looks a minter, very nice indeed. If you don't mind hefty fuel bills an auto N/A is a great long distance cruiser, IMO. As an aside I filled three 25 litre drums with Shell Optimax yesterday, which might see me through a shortish track day at Anglesey tomorrow, if the car behaves, and with the tank in the car filled to the brim as well. Cost for 3 drums of fuel? A cool £109, it's madness.

That looks a minter

Thanks Chris- it really is as clean as it looks. Kinda glad that the prev. owner wasnt a member, as it wouldve been snapped up had it been advertised here.

Fuel economy doesnt seem to be any worse than my 6-speed NA. Has anyone used an auto NA on a trackday? Is the manual mode fairly easy to use on track? Id be using it at Knockhill mostly.

Thanks Chris- it really is as clean as it looks. Kinda glad that the prev. owner wasnt a member, as it wouldve been snapped up had it been advertised here.

Fuel economy doesnt seem to be any worse than my 6-speed NA. Has anyone used an auto NA on a trackday? Is the manual mode fairly easy to use on track? Id be using it at Knockhill mostly.

I did a track day in mine a month back, it was my first in the Supra and used MANU mode all day. It was actually a lot more fun that I imagined, even though once your rollling you pretty much only use 2 and D. Mine's a TT but I'm guessing it would be the same in an N/A.

I did have some issues with steering wheel shake on the day but spoke to Chris W earlier this week and got some ideas on that one (cheers Chris).

Has anyone used an auto NA on a trackday? Is the manual mode fairly easy to use on track? Id be using it at Knockhill mostly.

I took my NA Auto Aero around the Ring, loved it. Just don't go for any big hills, it'll struggle. :D

I took my NA Auto Aero around the Ring, loved it. Just don't go for any big hills, it'll struggle. :D

True, they arent supercars but I reckon theres enough power there to have an entertaining trackday blast.

Having spoke to a couple of members who have used autos (both NA and TT) on track, it seems that using the 'MANU' mode and moving between '2' and 'D' seems to be the way to go.

Im viewing a 1990 MX5 with some nice aftermarket bits in a couple of days, so this track talk may all be academic...

Or snobby 6 speed owners. They don't know what they are missing! ;)

Had a 6-speed before this, and to be totally honest the auto is much nicer to live with. The 6-speed to me was quite clunky and agricultural, although would no doubt be better for track use or big power.