The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra boot rattling....

neo2810

Hey chaps,

My boot rattles while driving, more so on bumpier roads so it's likely either the seals on the boot or the luggage tray. Problem is, I've had a poke around from the back seat and can't suss the source of the rattle. The boot seems tight when closed and the luggage rack doesn't seem capable of making the noise I get while driving.

Anyone have a similar problem and can offer some advise?

in the drainage channels a few inches in from the rear.......2" piece of rubber......add some (don't go mad) blue tac to the top (if you look at the underside of the hatch you'll see the blocks on that that come down on top when its shut) and then go for a drive and see if the noise goes........

Good job mate. Mine are the same. How did you do it? What tools? Am I best getting it done 'professionally'? :D

Philips screw driver & socket set job done ;).

Just pull up the rubber seal that goes around the boot (just in front of the old rubber stoppers) get your screw driver & remove the 4 screws (2 on each) its that simple. My screws came out very easy. Just make sure you use the perfect size screw driver & push hard on the screw so you don't round the head. I'm sure you'll be fine.