The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Basic Performance Upgrades

Evil_Nuts

Hi....I'm in the progress of buying a standard UK Supra TT auto with 65k, only mods being a set of 18's, I really dont want to go too overboard with performance mods but would like to up the power a tad, so i was thinking de cat, exhaust, boost controller, etc etc....how much would i be looking at to buy this stuff...bearing in mind I'll be fitting it all myself due to working at Toyota, oh i think i may need a FCD too.....any help would be ding dang doo.....

PS I like biscuits:cool:

Cheers

Chris

BPU

I good move in terms of a 'noticeable' power increase without going overboard. The stuff you've mentioned so far seems adequate but read the BPU article and it will give you a breakdown.

For the biscuits, head on down to your local supermarket and ask for the good stuff, tell them Vinnie sent you :cool:

Need a FCD if you're going above 1bar, if you're not going to increase boost (no point of going BPU) then you wont need one. Only difference with UK spec is that the boost can be increased to around 1.4 bar (Jap spec 1.2bar) as UK's have steel turbo's as opposed to ceramic on Jap spec

You recall incorrectly.

au contrair, I had an FCD fitted to my UK spec. It went squiffy after about 2 years and Mark from Phoenix simply removed it and did some sort of MAF mod to mean I never hit fuel cut.

I dont know what he did, but it worked.