The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP! CYLINDER HEAD PHOTO 3.0 tt auto

Guest scatrat

Guest scatrat

I have a 97 supra tt auto, non vvti,

the head was warped few years ago, not having funds i left the head in the shed, til i can have skimmed etc,

started new job got few quid together, gone to shed, the cylinder head has gone,,,, months ago had central heating installed, plumber kept old rads and pipes in shed, picked up one day by scrap man, hes took my head too, not happy,

im trying to find a 2nd hand head anyone help, or can send me a photo of the head, as ordered one already from a company on web, was wrong and refusing to refund, they want a photo what the one looks like, anyone help or selling a head.

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

No bad thing, a head that's warped that has the cam carrier built in will still have banana shaped cam saddles after skimming. In other words a warped MKIV head is a scrap head. If an alloy head has got hot enough to warp it will also have gone soft and be liable to head gasket failures in the future, even after skimming. All used heads from unknown sources should be hardness tested, thickness tested (to see if they have been skimmed) and warp tested before purchase.

Guest scatrat
You would be better off putting this in the parts wanted section. That is in the members section.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=82442

EDIT : I've removed your number, as it is generally not a good idea to put your number out there, don't know which nutters may call you ;)

thank you.

desperate to get on road, been off road since 2001.

thanks

Guest scatrat

Hi guys yes 9 years, just over, gathering dust,

I have tried everyone for a head,

I just wana hear her start up again, ill be retiring soon, lol so just hope i can find a head before my bus pass lands.

JJ

Guest scatrat

Sure im gona try that, as said just got back into work, after many years, as you know not easy time for us all,

all best jamie p

jj

Guest scatrat

Hi yes i have for last 2 months, had one sent in last week lost me 400 as wont refund up in birmingham, they sent me wrong head for a mk 3 supra, having all sorts of probs, flea bayed etc, but im not in the know, had 34000km when got it in 02 now has 34007kms, thats it, brakes all seized up etc, so be another job, but having one arm doesnt help anymore,

if you dont mind keep eye out for me please, ill get ya beers in

Guest scatrat

im thinking of putting a NA engine in, just to get her on the road agaon, after years of looking for a standard head im giving ip, guys offering a c head for £800 and for me thats too much way to much,

I got a complete na engine and loom offered to me for £300 so give it another week and ill get me tools out again.

JJ

I've got a TT cylinder head, been sat in my house for 3 years :) Needs a bit of stone work on one (or two? It's been a while)combustion chamber's squish area to remove some dings from bits of spark plug or something, but our man Chris Wilson said that was perfectly OK to do (I thought the head was scrap, glad I checked with him)

Don't think it's got cams, probably got the bearing caps. Probably got valves and springs and buckets, probably not shims. I'm at work, can you tell ;)

-Ian

Guest scatrat

Ian that be great, i just want to move it, as been on my drive at my old house years, spent much time away, My mrs moved and kids whilst working abroad, and new residents got a supra on their derive, all grass growing through wheels and doors etc, tow truck couldnt move it as all tyres dry and cracked, trhey want a special lift to move it, lol well cry really, as all sunk,

Any thing will do at least its a start let me know how you wanna do this please JJ

Guest scatrat

Blocks been wrapped up in cellophane in my old mans garage, on a engine frame or hoist that i hired 8 and half years ago, !!!!!!!!!!Crap thats gonna cost me a fortune,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!