The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cluster Dials

Stonkin

Just finalised a dial design with Mook from Skewer, hopefully wont be too long before they arrive. The dash has been wrapped in carbon fabric (thanks blueangel) with aluminum rings in all the mirror, speedo and heater controls. Pretty much new condition black carpet fitted (cheers Dude) and as soon as the dials arrive a red led dash conversion from Heckler.

Looking forward to finally having an interior in the car again :)

I wanted a white and red design which was tough with a white face, so Mook is doing the white lines to appear very slightly smoked so they can still be seen in daylight, but nice and white at night. Few subtle changes to the current temp and fuel design to.

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I was gona mention that Si, curious how the light would spread on these particular dials with stock bulbs.

I know every pic i have seen of the led conversion on clusters, doesnt spread light quite the same as when they are stock, but everyone has also said they look very different in pictures to real life.

Its nice to have the led's as they definetly look a brighter, crisper light. Can more led's be wired to spread the light or is that a serious pain in the arse? :)

I was gona mention that Si, curious how the light would spread on these particular dials with stock bulbs.

I know every pic i have seen of the led conversion on clusters, doesnt spread light quite the same as when they are stock, but everyone has also said they look very different in pictures to real life.

Its nice to have the led's as they definetly look a brighter, crisper light. Can more led's be wired to spread the light or is that a serious pain in the arse? :)

I was gonna post them tonight but I can put more LED's in if you wish It will introduce more "bright spots" Its also one of the problems with aftermarket dial - stock dials have lots of printing/shading on the back to help distibute/diffuse the light - and one of the major reasons why the light is spread even

Just recieved these back from Heckler along with his red led dash conversion. He went to the trouble of wiring in more led's on the cluster to reduce the darker areas and has made a very neat job of it. Have also had great communication from him along the way.

Looking forward to fitting them along with the carbon wrapped dash :) once the car comes back :(