The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fearless;s v8 conversion

barneybrendan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spent an extremely long day yesterday helping steve fit all the turbo pipes and exhaust.Everything had to be made from scratch ,i think the end result was a practical solution.

I spent a long day there too doing the loom and I never got to hold the snake :(

Look's like that down pipe is going to cause me some issues. The loom goes straight though it :D

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

I spent a long day there too doing the loom and I never got to hold the snake :(

Look's like that down pipe is going to cause me some issues. The loom goes straight though it :D

Lyndon.

steve didnt mention about that.there is space there though ,its not as tight as it looks in the pic

steve didnt mention about that.there is space there though ,its not as tight as it looks in the pic

I'll pulling your leg. Wires can be extended. It's only the crank trigger and oil pressure switch that need a reroute.

Might need some retardant wrap on the bits that go over the top of the down pipe to the igniter and chassis loom though.

Looking Good though :thumbs:

Lyndon.

Thanks very much Barney for the welding yesterday and Lyndon for doing the loom last weekend. It was approaching 11pm before either of you finished and you both had a long drive home. I couldn't have done it without you,

This is coming together well now, just waiting on my gearbox (being overhauled and new synchros) so hopefully will be ready for Ryan to fit and map Solaris ECU within the next few weeks.

Interesting build:)

Is it a stock soarer engine? and just bunging a big turbo on? are they strong?

It's a stock engine, they are strong but I have a spare here for when it goes wrong.

The plan is to start at a fairly low boost and progressively increase it and see what it will take. When it goes wrong I will have a benchmark and know that if I am keeping it stock then I will need to keep the boost below that level.

Thanks very much Barney for the welding yesterday and Lyndon for doing the loom last weekend. It was approaching 11pm before either of you finished and you both had a long drive home. I couldn't have done it without you,

This is coming together well now, just waiting on my gearbox (being overhauled and new synchros) so hopefully will be ready for Ryan to fit and map Solaris ECU within the next few weeks.

your welcome steve.welding as it gets dark is a challange on its own.At least we got it all together in one day.Think i got home around midnight.

Your Welcome Steve. Should be finished this weekend now I have the Solaris/Syvecs ecu connector in stock. My first prototype of my Billet gauge housing is now in stock ,I'll bring it down for you to have a look at (Looks fantastic). It interfaces to the Syvecs/Solaris RS232 data stream and gives various ecu telemetry.

As the firmware is user upgradable, I can do special requests, bug fixes and add features as it evolves over time.

Lyndon.

Your Welcome Steve. Should be finished this weekend now I have the Solaris/Syvecs ecu connector in stock. My first prototype of my Billet gauge housing is now in stock ,I'll bring it down for you to have a look at (Looks fantastic). It interfaces to the Syvecs/Solaris RS232 data stream and gives various ecu telemetry.

As the firmware is user upgradable, I can do special requests, bug fixes and add features as it evolves over time.

Lyndon.

Any more details or pictures of this please Lyndon?

Glad its all going well for you. The spare engine idea is not a bad one. Did you get it from a breaker, or a private sale?

Lyndon.

Cant wait to see this Wednesday :)

Cant wait to see this Wednesday :)

I just received your 2.8" TFT Colour version with the SD car slot on the side today :thumbs:

To avoid this being a thread hijack, I'll create a thread with details when I have it at a stage worth taking pictures of.

The 3 mirror polished aluminium gauges would look nice inside Steves car, You can also hang 8 additional EGT probes off it which would benefit a turbo conversion. ;)

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

The 3 mirror polished aluminium gauges would look nice inside Steves car, You can also hang 8 additional EGT probes off it which would benefit a turbo conversion. ;)

Lyndon.

I am sure I would love it, but spent way too much on this already, maybe later in the year.

Will it have audible warnings if Pressure/temperature etc. readings are outside pre set range, as with the Defi guages?