The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everyone

Guest mati120

Guest mati120

Hi everyone,

Wanted a supra before i started driving and now im almost aloud to get one!!

Anyways im 20 years old, have a clean license and have 3 years no claims. When im searching for insurance the rz twin turbo insurance is a thousand pound cheaper than the sz non turbo does anyone know why this is because the rz is slightly out my price range and should be a lot more on insurance being the twin turbo

Also wheres the best place to get insured as the sz non turbo is coming up at about ?2700!! looking on some forums theres people saying they get insured for about a grand in the same situation as me :S and thats no where near what im getting quoted!!

thanks

mati

Guest mati120

the price varies about 200 pound with an import. 2700 doesnt really sound right for a 225 bhp car when u can get insured on the twin turbo for 1600 :S

n/a's are all imports, giving a higher price. Try elephant as thats who im with and its only £680.

So are most TT's.

Personally I think the comparison sites are messed up for the Supra.

Go to Adrian Flux for your best price. You should get insurance for under £2k. With 3 years NCB, you should easily beat £2k. You will also find that the TT is more expensive to insure and these guys know what they are doing!

If you go with Adrian Flux make sure to phone up and get a quote. Their email system is rubbish and they will quote you ridiculously good conditional prices to put your hopes up and then bump them up once you call up.

1997 SZ-R, 23 and 4 yrs no claims and I pay £1200 with Elephant, fully comp. Keep meaning to get a quote of Sky insurance to compare..

Would be interesting I pay £1227 for my na with mods declared, 3 points, 2 years no claims and high crime area with elephant when I went i got quote from sky with a members discount they wanted 3.5k!

Guest Joey A

Hey few tips and why is supra quote is so low

1. Im in full/part time education.

2. Only do 6k miles a year and its garaged in the middle of no where 30miles out side of aberdeen.

3. (The main reason its cheaper) I put my student gf and here mum who's a secretary on as named drives and that I normal drive there cars.

Try adding two female drivers to your quote and see how much it goes down, went from 3k to 1.7lk for me lol

welcome to the club :D

im with admerial and ive got my supra n/a and my lexus is200 on the same policy. im 22 and have 9points and im only £1400 fully comp (but have my mum and dad on as named drivers, even though they refuse to drive either of my cars). was with adrian flux (and have been with my other performance cars) and they do know there stuff! they are worth a call, if i remember right i was £1800 with them, just for the supe alone!

1997 SZ-R, 23 and 4 yrs no claims and I pay £1200 with Elephant, fully comp. Keep meaning to get a quote of Sky insurance to compare..

That seems alot, :S

Im 24 with 3 years fully BPU on a 97TT (everything including boost controller declared) for 900ish

Guest SupraTroopa

Im 22, 2 years NCB, this year I paid just under £1000 fully comp on my TT (wouldve been about £850 but I could only afford to do monthly this year). Last year I paid £820 for the year on a classic policy but this year said they can't reinsure me due to my age (?).

Oh and Im with Admiral now.