The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling the Supra

devan

Well ive almost reached my insurance mileage limit for this year, so today i rang up Adrian Flux to increase it, but they cant increase it, so they want me to start a whole new policy which i going to cost £2200 - more than last years quote!!

So this got me looking around the net for other cars, as i was in a bad mood with the Supra (even though its not its fault hehe).

Really interested in the Audi S3's now, and i can get insured for £1400. They have 225BHP standard, 4 wheel drive, and only weigh 1 tonne. And i can get a remap to 260BHP approx for less than £400.

I have liked owning the Supra over the past 8 months, but i think its time for a change, something more subtle.

Any advice on an asking price i could put it up for please?

Its a 1994, Manual, with LSD, 77,000 Miles,

4x new shockers,

4x good tread tyres,

6K Xenons,

Standard body.

I was hoping for £4K???

I'm not sure where you got your figures for the Audi from, but they're wrong. An S3 weighs almost as much as a Supra. Will be slightly faster than an NA, but not by a great deal. Very uninvolving cars to drive too, the only thing I liked about them were the seats.

Did they ask you for the mileage at the beginning of the policy?

I've never been asked :innocent:

Check out admiral for a quote ;)

If you have two MOT's within the same time frame of being with the said insurance company that have gone over your annual declared mileage and you have an accident - then they will pull down your pants.

I've never gone over it, hell I've not done 4k in the time I have owned the car lol.

However I don't see how that can be true. The start of a policy is the start of a new policy. If you say you are Elvis Presley one year and then tell the truth the 2nd year, in the event of an accident they cannot bring the previous years lies into the equation and hold it against you.

Same would go for the mileage IMO. If they have 2 MOT's showing that you have done 10k in the past 2 years with a 4k limit, you could say that 6k miles was done the previous year..... where you went over...... good job you weren't in an accident.

Impossible to prove otherwise. The only way you would get caught out would be if the MOT was on a similar date to the insurance renewal (mine is 6 months apart).

Haha yeah I was thinkin if I did crash just damage the odo in some way lol. I think I want a change anyway though Tbh, Ive always liked the s3 models, and after owning a supra Na there is a good chance I would buy a tt later on in life sometime. But the test drive could make me stick to the na anyway.

It is stupid but i suppose i agreed it at the start of the policy.

The S3 wasnt road worthy to test drive lol - was still being prepped, why do they advertise it on the website if i cant go and test drive it!!! :@

If i took out the insurance for my Supra next year at £2200, do you think it will increase a lot if i get a TT engine transplant from somebody like Keron?

Getting a transplant will be cheaper than buying an Audi S3, and obviously faster, but its just the f**cking insurance!!

Im 21 living in North Lincolnshire (Scunthorpe), a good area i would say, never been burgled. However, my parents have just bought a new house in a village called Redbourne so that might lower it on the postcode side.

I passed my test 4 years ago today, thus meaning i have 4 years no claims too.

I have an SP30, which happened in Dec 2006.

I really dont know why my insurance has gone up :(

Ill have to try some more companies tomorrow.

You mean you haven't ran a couple of quotes online?

You have answered your own question then mate. Your insurance has gone up because you haven't haggled.

Try admiral/elephant/bell and see how you get on. They are online and take 5 mins each.