The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best single turbo for spool/power compromise

Jamesy

Need some advic from people in the know please.

With all the great builds going on at the minute, and in light of some of the supporting mods i'v got hold of for mine i want to explore what other turbos are available.

Basically i want something very fast spooling but also big power (600+hp)

Had a long search last night and the BW 92/79 seems great for over 600hp but maybe a bit laggy, but at £850 was great value.

So if anyone can help me out with the BW range and options that'd be great. Or any other options, like the 67dbb billet but @ over £1500 that particular ones a bit much.

Any other options please? The whole turbo choice. Is so confusing, and i'd like to have some different ones to talk with Lee about later ron :)

thanx :D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a mine field mate. Everyone will have there own choice of favourite.

I spoke with Dusty and direct with BW about my BW

S366 with 0.83 A/R.

Getting the quick spool with a high bhp is difficult it depends on how +600 you want to get.

Look at JP he didn't mind losing spool time to get a higher top end and more power.

If i was you I would start with what you have got and see how it is the you can decide if you want to lose some spool time for more geegees. I'm not nick picking but it seems to me your interested in high bhp.

Cheere guys. Jamie is keeping his 67 as a spare now.

I like the idea of the fast spooling gt35r but i know i'll want more power and happy to lose a bit of spool to get there.

Just thinking before the turbo goes on in the coming weeks its the best time to see whats my options. Otherwise its more cost and hassle for Lee to change later plus whenever he gets time for it as hes a busy boy!!

The BW range seem good but Dusty told me last night there are sooo many options so trying to gauge some experience from u guys!!!

I like my BW 91-79 turbo.

Compared to my old PHR Stage 1, it spools up slightly later (Stage 1 was on full boost around 3.7k, the BW at 4150 rpm).

The only thing to mention is that the stage 1 setup was on stock cams, whereas the BW is running on 264 cams (in and out).

To be honest, the difference in spool in marginal .. but the power punch is much bigger.

What about the BW 88/75. Not sure the bhp it chucks out though.

Yeah see thats the thing dude turbos like that i have no idea on the spec or performance, dusty said theres like 70versions of the bw 67 turbo to choose from!!

where can i get a quote for one dude? it certainly performs well on colins car!

TDI, LeeP can get one from Sumo. They aren't cheap my HKS kit without turbo £2800 with HKS TO4z £5***.

The garrett is cheaper look on their website.

apparently the S366 and the 91/79 is the same turbo - just the s366 is a bullseye and the 91/79 is the BW turbo.

Paul's getting me a rice but it needs to be supplied withthe 3" v-band as they dont come with these off the shelf. ;)

apparently the S366 and the 91/79 is the same turbo - just the s366 is a bullseye and the 91/79 is the BW turbo.

Paul's getting me a rice but it needs to be supplied withthe 3" v-band as they dont come with these off the shelf. ;)

Not what I was told from Dusty and BW. BW emailed me saying that the don't do the V band anymore for this turbo.