The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT and now manual conversion

dangerous brain

The car I have sourced as a donor vehicle for my N/A-TT conversion is a manual six speed. Its a complete car with all the TT drivetrain apparently intact. Am I going to have problems now because this is a manual not auto??

If nothing else I will be the only aero tt manual owner in the uk.

Heres the car it was on here before as a repairable motor I am sure lol. Its not a pretty sight.

Donor wagon

I'm confused. You've got a manual NA Aerotop, you want a manual TT Aerotop, you've bought a manual TT and want to put it into the NA Aerotop body.

So how are you going to have problems? If you'd bought an auto TT you would have ended up with an auto Aerotop... exactly what the rest of us have got!

:conf:

Yep currently have an auto N/A. was gonna just swap the engine and gearbox out of an auto TT. Bought the car without realising the manual part (what a doofus) how I missed that bit I don't know, I guess I just expected it to be an auto.

I don't think there are any manual aero's be that N/A or TT but I stand to be corrected. Unless the blokes a total div then I think he means no rear end suspension damage but you are right thats not how the ad reads!!

The wiring loom looks shredded so I am gonna have me some fun with that.

I am assuming that as long as I change the trim bits and gear lever blah area over and the ECU, and the drivetrain rearwards (which I was doing anyway) then I won't have any difficulties with the manual conversion aspect?

Incidentally has anyone done a manual conversion?

I think Tony Licence has done an auto-to-manual swap. Most of the problems north of the 'box are taken care of by chopping in a manual engine and ECU as well. I think there is some metalwork around the gearbox mounts on the chassis required, a different crossmember, a different length propshaft (can't recall if it's shorter or longer) and different final drive.

Oh yeah, and trim bits like you say :)

Good luck with the shredded wiring loom :eek:

-Ian

No I aint sure if the engine is OK. Also a touch worried that the impact will have thrown the turbo's out but for the money (its got UK brakes apparently) I should be able to break it for half the money I payed for it. If the engine or gearbox is buggered well thats life but nothing ventured nothing gained.

My biggest concern at the mo from the pics is that some of the mounted ancilliaries appear to have sheared off. Now if they have sheared on the engine mounting side I don't know how I would remount them. Will know more on thursday or Friday when the car pitches up.