The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bo*****ks, problems at the Pod

dude

I just love taking a car to the Pod that has driven about 100 yards.

We got the car loaded up and left AFR at about 7'O clock and left for the Pod, half way up Reigate Hill the camper blew out its exhaust gasket!!! so that was nice and noisy:taped: Sat at the pod was rainy and windy but Matt and Neil got the car finished and boxed up, got it scrutineered sunday and we just need to change the rear wheel studs, first run went tits up in the burnout box when I found out the line lock didn't hold the car on the front brakes so no burnout and a gentle run down 7000rpm and 1.2 bar resulted in a 12.6 @ 121 mph, 2nd run was set to be better but the launch control did not switch off so did the whole 1/4 popping and banging:search: 3rd qualifying run I did not stage as we have blown a front seal out, the oil pressure is hitting way over 10bar!!!! not wanting to drop oil on the track we did not run.

We rigged up a catch plate to stop oil hitting the track and ran in the eliminations, full launch and would have been higher boost, as we changed to 2nd the rear diveshaft (yes the super uprated one) snapped and the car turned left, managed to catch it and floor ir again but it was all over the track so I then knew there was a problem, run aborted car loaded up:(

Now decided to pull the engine and remove the pump, I might change the rings as they don't seem to be bedding in that well, all good fun I suppose!!!;)

nasty sorry to hear all your problems mate hope you get them all sorted nice and easy . will you not be better off fully running the engine in on the dyno next time .

Yes dude, but we ran out of time, I expected a few teething troubles but the plan was to iron them out on the sat, I did not however expect the driveshaft to break!!!!!

its all sent to try us glad you kept it away from the wall,must of been a bit of a but clenching moment.

It was a bit hectic to say the least, we were well in font of the other car which ran a mid 11 so its a shame the bloody thing let go.

You managed to break an uprated prop... :blink:

What were you running, 3.0 BAR off the line !?!

No dude prop and diff survived, the N/S driveshaft (between the diff and hub) is fubarred!!! 1.2 bar on the line 6000rpm and drop the clutch:eyebrows:

No dude prop and diff survived, the N/S driveshaft (between the diff and hub) is fubarred!!! 1.2 bar on the line 6000rpm and drop the clutch:eyebrows:

I misread... my mistake :innocent:

I swap from supraforums back to here so much i tend to mix the two up :D

Oh dear, lady luck wasn't with you today.:(

Goes that way sometimes miglet, maybe next time will be different, can't have it too easy, if that run was Ok we would have gone 2.5 bar and NOS:innocent:

Goes that way sometimes miglet, maybe next time will be different, can't have it too easy, if that run was Ok we would have gone 2.5 bar and NOS:innocent:

Oh I know all too well bud, never as easy as it seems. They do say you learn more from your failures than your succeses. Never mind, next time John.:)

I guess the shock loading on the driveshaft was too much , is it solid or hollow to allow twist -either way too weak :Pling:

There is a guy out Milton Keynes way who can make them to spec using helicopter main drive material and hollow to allow twist, think he does them for konigsegg

Back in the day when we were skint, we used to re-use driveshafts on the race cars from race to race.

Problem was when under full power starts, the driveshafts are twisted, so we then fitted them on the opposite side for the next race to "untwist" them.

That lasted until one failed at Brazil I think it was.

I'll have a chat with some of the guys and see who it is that manufactures ours....

hello bud.. saw and heard the motor today meant to come say hi. but was bit busy on the rx7.. cars looks the part tho..

perhaps your busted shafts as your not preloading just jumping off clutch.?

Could be dude but the problem is the HKS triple is very hard to slip, which RX were you with dude????