The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear rear conversion done

jevansio

Bought some lenses from blueangle a while ago & have been wanting to do this. Today finally persuaded Rachel to allow me to put them in the oven (1st thing I've actually cooked in there :D)

Someone had previously had a go on one of the lights so it had a lot of "prize" marks on the casing

attachment.php?attachmentid=109791&stc=1&d=1273427854

attachment.php?attachmentid=109792&stc=1&d=1273427854

I know there are how to's on this but there are no specifc pics on actually prizing them open so...

Once the 3 screws were removed, to open them up I simply grabbed a side with each hand & used my thumbs to generate the prizing force (no screwdrivers required). Got Rachel to cut any of the holding goo back as I prized it open to ease the process, and keep retuning them to the oven to keep the goo soft.

attachment.php?attachmentid=109793&stc=1&d=1273427930

All done & back on, I def think it freshens the rear end

attachment.php?attachmentid=109794&stc=1&d=1273428206

Previously

attachment.php?attachmentid=109806&stc=1&d=1273429311

IMG_5203.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5199.jpg

Img_5210.jpg

Img_3626.jpg

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

hard to tell without a "before" shot :D

looks to me like this is a "look how hard i am, ripping a piece of plastic apart with my bare hands" thread, disguised as a clear conversion thread :D

Also, thats a very camp way to sit on a chair :D

*good job though - does look the nuts :)

looks to me like this is a "look how hard i am, ripping a piece of plastic apart with my bare hands" thread, disguised as a clear conversion thread :D

*good job though - does look the nuts :)

Lol, wait for next weeks "Changing a wheel without a jack" thread :D

Lol, wait for next weeks "Changing a wheel without a jack" thread :D

thats nothing new. the kids in my area have been doing it for years with bricks etc. they never seem to get round to putting the new wheels on though. seems they get as far as taking the old ones off and then getting bored :search:

:D

I like that Jay, looks a lot better. I've been keeping an eye out for a pair of lenses but they don't come up often. You going to leave the rear markers red?

Ric (blueangel) has them from sale from time to time from doing led rear conversions, oh yeah I'll be leaving the markers red, I love them when they come on at night,

that reminds me - have you still got part of mine? :)

Lol yeah it's in my footwell, totally forgot about it, you up anytime soon, or I'll have to post it to ya

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

:D Brilliant.

Agree with Hitens other comment though too, the car looks superb.

You should think about either tinting or removing the middle brake light bud. It is the only thing really sticking out like a sore thumb now.

As always, the car just keeps getting better. :thumbs:

Good idea, will do some pchops to see what it looks like

Cheers bud :)

Good idea, will do some pchops to see what it looks like

Cheers bud :)

I've not got that many pics of my cars arse up close unfortunately. This will give an idea though.

This is just using tint spray.

attachment.php?attachmentid=106601&stc=1&d=1268600648

I guess tinting is prolly the correct way, it's a lot less final :D

Yup, the stuff comes off with an alcohol wipe and some elbow grease if need be :D

You MIGHT manage to rub off a welded in plate with the same technique but it would take a bit longer :blink:

Guest blueangel

looks spot on dude agree with tinting the high level and as far as im aware no law to say it has to be there my old na i smoothed it ove and my new tt has it gone.

Liking the clear indicator mod, much better. Get some black plates and keep them on, it's only a small fine ;):D

Have a look at some pictures of Michael's car. He has removed the 3rd brake light. I wasn't keen at first but i think i prefer it now.

Actually, i'll go one better:

attachment.php?attachmentid=107074&d=1269397929

can the silver be sprayed black once you've gotthem apart to change the lens ?

got the prefacelift clear on mine and love it.

would it be classed as high level brake light must be at least 2" higher than the other 4 :)

need to tint mine now