The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best wash & wax for zero watermarks?

Blackie

Unless you remove the soluble limescale from the water you wash your car with, you are always going to have watermarks if you leave it to dry on its own, that is unless you have a water purifcation system (reverse osmosis system) similar to the pole system that window cleaners use.

Using a chamois is the best way and does not take long, especially if you use a "wet on & wipe off wax".

http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/prod.asp?Partcode=FG5197

I use this for interim washes, and it assists with removing the water from the car,

I can dry the car in less then 10 mins using the meguires microfibre waffle weave chamois and the product above, the combination works really well and leaves no water marks.

Full a full washing session i will use the meguires 3 stage treatment.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

As above, unless you use purified water it will always happen.

The best wash/wax i've found is Meguiars Nxt Gen. Beads the water like no other ive found

http://images.solidcactus.com/autobarn/meguiars-nxt-generation-car-wash.jpg

Reasonably priced too. Find a eurocarparts and the above bottle is 4.99

like above you cant leave a car to dry due to the lime-scale and salt in some areas in the water, your best bet is on your final rinse, soak the car, get 2-3 clothes either microfibre or waffle (waffle are the business) and use 1 as a "wet cloth" to remove the majority of water followed quickly with the second towel and try to keep it as dry as possible!

that should leave no water marks but if there are little bits when u polish properly it will remove the rest!

like above you cant leave a car to dry due to the lime-scale and salt in some areas in the water, your best bet is on your final rinse, soak the car, get 2-3 clothes either microfibre or waffle (waffle are the business) and use 1 as a "wet cloth" to remove the majority of water followed quickly with the second towel and try to keep it as dry as possible!

that should leave no water marks but if there are little bits when u polish properly it will remove the rest!

This is sound advice...:thumbs:

Do this :)

:jester:

Go to the autogleam site they sell the filter's about £50.00 & they do work, i started off with the flash system & it worked well, trust me i hate cleaning car's lol;)

waterblades are ok but it will not solve your problem, the blade will get rid of most of the water but you will still need to use 2 cloths for a good finish.

plus the blade can scratch your paintwork if its not kept moist and if you get a tiny bit of grit on it, hello massive scratch plus many swear words!!

Meguiars waffles are good or luxury drying towels from poor boys, polished bliss etc, water blades as mentioned seem to be old hat and can marr/scratch the paintwork

Yes this is correct :)

Unfold the "Waffle Weave" towel when the car is still wet, & Drag the towel across the car.

Then wring it out and drag it over again etc...

Finally.. Use a microfiber duster to polish off any remaining water marks (If there are any after that!)

Try NOT to was the car on a hot day :thumbs:

:jester: