The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scotland road trip anyone ?

Ian Ian

:) Well i dont look like Nurburgring is happening this year..........So is anyone up for a Scotland trip in the middle weeks in July ?

Was thinking either camping in one spot and day runs away from camp or B&Bs around scotland covering the whole of scotland right around the top etc

Any Idea,s guys n gals ? We would have to plan it if there are a few of us to get booked into the B&Bs if we go that route

Cheers

-Ian-

Would love to Ian, but if you are talking a week will need to check whether we can both get time off work.

Mike

I was thinking a week or so its close enough for peeps to join "on route" sorta thing if they can only do a couple of days

Cheers

-Ian-

Why not just something like 3 days and camping in random places lol b&bs are for girls :p lol ill await to see other inputs sounds good mate

The camping in random places is ok but TBH i dont fancy putting the tent up and down three or four times in a week, that why i thought of it as a base camp so to speak lol

Cheers

-Ian-

Local run - great thinking

Edit - I know the north of Scotland very well

Cheers Alan all input greatly recieved, good roads, good camping spots, good B&Bs, places to visit like distillerys etc etc ;)

Cheers

-Ian-

• 1 month later...

The roads around Loch Ness (Fort Augustus etc.) are lovely!

I'd also recommend heading out to the west to Applecross. Brilliant!

I put a thread up with some pictures from the trip when I did it before (passenger, no Supra at the time) which I'll find. :)

Here was the post in fact. :)

Myself, Nick(amsweet), Lewis & Leith went on a trip for a couple of days, landing at Fort Augustus and then on the next day to Applecross on the West Coast.

The road around Loch Ness to get to Fort Augustus was awesome for a blast and then that road to Applecross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bealach_na_Ba) was something else aswell!

Both the S2000 and the Evo V done great on them, mucho fun! Most definitely recommend the trip to anyone!

I got a few videos (mostly of the S2000 as I was in the Evo) which I'll get uploaded soon.

Here's some of the pictures I took though:-

Comments welcomed.

Edited by James (see edit history)

Steph finishes work 14th July for the summer break - so I guess mr Wilding will be the same ;)

I need to check with work, but might be able to take some time off, failing that any of those weekends are currently good. :thumbs:

Mike

Sounds promising woot woot :D let me know asap and i,ll get looking for camp sites and B&Bs/Hotels etc etc

Cheers

-Ian-

How much could you actually fit in in a weekend? I'd love to do a Scotland road trip but it's a long way up. :)

Probably not alot we could be just north of Glasgow in 4ish hours but what im thinking of is running up on the west coast passed Dumfries Ayr then past Glasgow and depending on how many days peeps have off work from there, looking for about 4 days at least if possable any more and we can run upto the top of scotland maybe ?

Cheers

-Ian-