The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys rx7 owner looking at supra

Guest jamietypeR

Guest jamietypeR

im thinking of a change from the mazda to a tt supra manaul but only have about 7k if i sell my rx7, would i be able to get one for that money. and also how reliable are they cos thats wat im really after an engine i can jump in have fun day after day, n not worry about damage to much.

im thinking of a change from the mazda to a tt supra manaul but only have about 7k if i sell my rx7, would i be able to get one for that money. and also how reliable are they cos thats wat im really after an engine i can jump in have fun day after day, n not worry about damage to much.

I’m sure you can find a tt for around that price, just have a look on for sale section or contact Jurgen here on the forum.

about reliability they don't need an engine rebuilt every 60k miles :D, a good maintained supra engine can last forever.

I think I read somewhere here on the forum of members with 150k+ miles on the engine with no problems.

your making a good choice!

as said a well maintained engine will last for ages however it might be worth saving a couple of thousand more and buying one with a known history that's been well maintained from a member or one off jm imports!

good luck with your purchase!

I’m sure you can find a tt for around that price, just have a look on for sale section or contact Jurgen here on the forum.

about reliability they don't need an engine rebuilt every 60k miles :D, a good maintained supra engine can last forever.

I think I read somewhere here on the forum of members with 150k+ miles on the engine with no problems.

I'm sure I read there is some with 250k !!

Guest jamietypeR

See that's wat I'm after the rx7 is a great car but I'm constantly under the bonnet longer then I'm on the road lol, I'll check out these people u was saying

thats what stopped me getting another RX7, unless you either have money to burn or are a very gifted rotary mechanic, the rebuilds are a bitch!!! plus trying to find a local guy to work on them (and know what hes doing) is another story all together...

the supra is a great car (and the attention you get cruising around is awesome) even though mine is an N/A, i still think i made the right choice in getting a supra :D