The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange problem :)

Mas

After a simple jump start issue which got me spending on a 120A fuse and a ignitor, now that fitted both the car started once again but poorly!

Anyway, I went to check the diagnostics code and then the car went mad!!!

Now it doesnt start,

the dash lights will go off as soon as I try to turn the ignition on, annoying clicking noise comes from the back of the dials as soon as I turn the ignition off! once its ON cant hear it anymore!

while the clicking noise is on my DVD player flashes all the time!

Boost controller was showing throttle from 0-6 and kept going up and down even though the car wasnt even started ! now the controller doesnt even turn itself ON!

Alarm stopped working completely!

the alarm flashing LED ligh keeps flashging same time as the annoying noise I mentioned!

Ther so many other things wrong which I dont remember :(

Anyone has any idea what the hell happened to the car suddenly?

Thanks

Looks to me that your alarm immobiliser has taken a hit after your initial electrical mishap.

No dash lights when the key is turned (on mine) means the immobiliser is on. Assuming you are mobilising the system (apparently), then this points to being the source of your current woe.

Have you had a proper auto-spark check it over?

Are you sure the new igniter pack is working?

Edited by Supranature (see edit history)

Hi folks,

got the car started again and it seems like the new battery is very low and doesn't have enough charge to start up the car etc!

When I jump start the car, starts ok but as soon as I remove the jump leads turns itself off in few seconds!

Engine light keeps flashing none stop when I check the diagnostics!

Red rectangular is ON all the time and the steerng wheel is like a rock heavy to move!

any idea what else needs to be checked here as I want to get th car ready for Saturday to finally meet you after 2 years :D

Cheers

Mas

What a nightmare! Just got back after standing on hard shoulder trying to get a jump start and again as soon as some one helped an gone the car turned itself off!

Think it's the alternator tbh but wh everything gone wrong all in the same bloody month!

Left the car somewhere in an off road to see what I could possible do tommorrow but the problem is, can't get the car towed due to the after Market front bumper and it's too low to go on a recovery van!!

Having enough the bloody car now, stupid little problems but very annoying now :D