The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New look for sup

djg99

Hi im after some advise, my car is getting some much needed love in the form of a respray. Im staying with silver but going with a blue flip. I currently have standard front bumper, OEM sides and spats with VS rear spoiler. Ive brought DO-LUCK front bumper with matching sides.. but there is no way my budget can afford the rear spolier to match as it costs so much!!!! so my question is do i stick the stock one back on or has anyone got some ideas to help me decide.

Get both your car and the OE spoiler sprayed with the colour, ask sprayer to give you some of the paint mix, leave it spoilerless for a while, get some small gromits (Halfords or DIYs) paint them, stick them in holes so it looks ok.

After a few weeks make a dissision, "to spoil or not to spoil", and if you buy a new spoiler down the line then you have some of the paint mix to respray it.

Bob.

After looking at some other cars on here, im kinda thinking im going to go with no spoiler. I've not realy liked the look before, but with a new kit and paint job, thinking its guna look sweet! Fingers crossed. And i can always add a spoiler later :blink:

Guest Budz86

I'd say stock spoiler, but that's my opinion. It's a good idea to get it without if you're unsure, and as mentioned you can fit it later if you want.

A few hints for you here! Here is the link to my garage for a spoilerless example. I had it covered as well and I love it, the only thing I would rather have done is a TRD w/CF centre blade but it wasn't in the cards at the time, I prefer the unique look I have now!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=3496

As for wheels, I have really been loving Volk lately, here are my 2 favorites.

SF Challenge in Gunmetal, best looking on a white Supra imo

SF Challenge in Black

Lastly, Volk TE37's in Gunmetal

Just one thought if you go spoiler less, does this mean your welding up the holes or using grommets as that's just crap. Also if your having it sprayed in a chromoflair paint (flip paint),

You are going to have problems fitting a spoiler at a later date as there is no way in hell you could match the paint of the car to the spoiler.

This is what i have on at the mo, but they will need a lot of work to bring them back to life and not sure if it will be cheaper to get new ones, better piture in my garage. As for the paint will keep some spare for when or if i get a spoiler :-)

t6739.jpg

Edited by djg99 (see edit history)

keeping spare is not the problem its just the fact that chromoflare paint, has to be painted in one go to make sure that the colour flows. Painting the spoiler at a later date will make the spoiler look completely off if you get what I mean, have a word with lee about it as his supras been painted in it.