The mkiv Supra Owners Club

040 white problems

Scutch0

does anyone else ever have a problem matching 040 white to the rest of their car?

ive had three toyotas in this colour, and everytime ive had a sprayshop touch them the match never comes back very good...

ive heard that you have to use a specific basecoat to get it spot on, can anyone shed any light on this? or any suggestions...

Did you ever had your Supra proffesionally polished? I found out that simple washing and hand polish will never get you proper white on Supra, she shown her beauty fully only after i treated her with 2 days 3 stage machine polishing.

well i actually had my supra in the bodyshop last week, and got them to mop the car as well as respraying the rear bumper.

but the rear bumper just looks really cream, as apposed to white?

ive had this problem with all my 040 toyotas and im just sick of it now!

does anyone else ever have a problem matching 040 white to the rest of their car?

ive had three toyotas in this colour, and everytime ive had a sprayshop touch them the match never comes back very good...

ive heard that you have to use a specific basecoat to get it spot on, can anyone shed any light on this? or any suggestions...

Mines a 040 White supra and i bought paint last weekend and it matched perfectly. Weird. Is the difference THAT bad?

There are a few colours that will always be harder to match up with spraywork, primarily red, white and silver. They are prone to fading over time under UV exposure, especially on plastic parts.

I'm not knocking anyone's work, but the bodyshop giving the rest of your car a quick mop wont bring the old paint back to life, more likely just fill it with machine buffer marks.

A professional machine polish over a couple of days as Konrad said, is most likely whats in order.

I take it they sprayed it the correct colour?

Christian

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

The paint is 100% spot on. I used the same paint to spray a mirror of mine before.

I'll upload a pic for you to see that it is waaaay out.

I've used the same paint to touch up some stone chips and again it was absolutley spot on.

The original paint wasn't actually in too bad condition... I've attacked the bumper with 1200 wet and dry o attempt to thin it out just in case it was too thick and that's thrown the colour out, but still no joy!

i just sprayed my front splitter it was a perfect match with holts paint ,i decided to spray inside the door shuts as they looked tatty got another tin same code but different colour more creamy so went down the shop and matched up the batch code on the tin it matched .

my mate just sprayed my skirts and i think there more whiter than the doors he said theres three shades in the 040

Ive never had a problem matching the 040 white, just need to take the car to the paint shop and do the best you can to match the colour swatches and i think there is actually 4 or 5 different shades.

:yeahthat:

If you take your car to a professional spray shop they will take a photo of you paint and will come back with a colour Match to suit, mine came back at 95% Peugeot White:blink: