The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do any of you fall out of love with your car?

The Raven

For some reason i just dont feel the love for my car right now.

I think its due to niggles, roof needs respray, damage to rear quarter needs sorting, now the mirror needs respray.

I found myself looking on ebay at RX7s today. Maybe its just the crap weather, maybe its the lack of power? Or maybe im just starting to see the car finished and im getting bored. I just dont know.

Maybe i need to drive the work van more and leave the supra at home for a bit.

This ever happen to you lot?

I fall in and out of love with mine on an almost daily basis.

Was even considering cheating on her with a dirty v8 from Blackpool, which I'm sure would give me a thrill and make me feel young for a couple of months, but I think I'd then be back, cap in hand looking for some Jap loving. :)

I went out and gave it a good wash and clean on Saturday when it was sunny, so I'm all loved up again. :love:

For some reason i just dont feel the love for my car right now.

I think its due to niggles, roof needs respray, damage to rear quarter needs sorting, now the mirror needs respray.

I found myself looking on ebay at RX7s today. Maybe its just the crap weather, maybe its the lack of power? Or maybe im just starting to see the car finished and im getting bored. I just dont know.

Maybe i need to drive the work van more and leave the supra at home for a bit.

This ever happen to you lot?

i can tell you what it is m8. its your bonnett you are hankering after a normal silver one and it just so happens i can help you out there on an exchange basis with yours

Yep me too, did just about all i could without spending loads of money, and i think i eventually get bored with the shape/look of a car after a while, and start looking at something different.

I don't have the same enthusiasm for my Skyline, so i can see me getting bored with that even sooner:(

And yes i miss my Supra now, but i have gone off the shape now, maybe it a case of familiarity etc.

The one thing I'll never fall out of love with is the shape, and catching it in a reflection in a shop window etc.

The only thing, I suppose, that could irk me a bit, would be the fact it's useless in the snow and ice. Being an auto, I think that's it's only flaw. And the traction control. Rubbish, not that I use it.

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

I am definitely feeling the same way. Since I am going back to the states next year I am weary to sink any more money into a car I can't bring back with me even though I have so much more I would do to it. I feel guilty buying all these parts and letting them sit when I could easily slap them on my aero. I definitely have never fallen in love with any car like I did with the Supra though!

The one place I really appreciate the look of my car is when it's parked out on the street, or in a once visited street, then looking at the other cars around it, and thinking 'Wow, she looks amazing, and so wide too'! I'll never tire of that. :)

I don't fall out of love as such just get a little bored and swap one type for another almost annually, I never really modded any beyond minor exhaust and wheel changes and so the swaps have all been relatively cheap (only the first and last have been dealer buys the rest private bargains/semi bargains)........

.........i'm getting twitchy again nothing else really grabs me when i consider the whole supra package, a Cerbera would be nice but potentially financial suicide! Also the current supra is very nice and I think i'd be silly to part with it (it would certainly be difficult to replace)...........but might get tempted by a low mileage late tiptronic that the 6 speed sale could probably fund.

I think if it was my dailer driver, I would get bored.. Thats why I have an Audi as a dailer driver.. I hate Audi and every day I get that confirm..:) So when its weekend and time for supra its 10 x better, than it would normal be..:)