The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec Twin Turbo For Sale 6sp Manual 70k miles Blue/Cream

jgmansfield

I have a 75,000 mile UK spec TT 6sp for sale in Dark Blue. I bought it 10 years ago from the original owner at 45,000 miles. The car has had the usual paint work etc for a car of 16 years plus SS exhaust, £3000 drop forged wheels and chip, otherwise it is standard with cream interior in good for the age shape. No tears etc but a nice patina. Carpets are in fair condition, no tears but they are cream and are original. I would put the car at 6.5 – 7 /10. Everything works as it should; fluids are changed in the diff, gearbox and engine every January. I was offered £6,000 over the phone sight unseen from the first person I spoke to which got me to thinking that maybe this thing is pretty rare these days? I see on the forum that 300 – 400 were imported, with somewhere around 50 or so left in the UK. Does anyone have a good idea what I should be asking for this? As I said it is not mint and I don’t polish it every day but it is garaged on a trickle charger.

James [email protected]

Stick to your price.

Many would say that UK-specs have fallen in value but I dissagree. They are becomming a very rare car these days, epsecially the 6-speeds.

The uk cars have a full traceble history from the toyota forecourts, this in itself is worth peace of mind and keeps the value up.

A good uk-spec 6-speed is easily well over the £10,000 area.

I shipped a car about 5 years ago and it was $800 each way to Liverpool from NYC, probably gone up a bit but not that much. If you guys want to buy stuff here in the US it's really no big deal they do it roll on roll off just like the ferry with a heap more paperwork. You pay the money, fill out the freight forwarder stuff and drop it at the docks 2 or 3 days before hand and they do the rest. Show up 2 weeks later in Liverpool and sign it out. Dead easy. I shipped a mint classic Ferrari and it was no problem.

James

I shipped a car about 5 years ago and it was $800 each way to Liverpool from NYC, probably gone up a bit but not that much. If you guys want to buy stuff here in the US it's really no big deal they do it roll on roll off just like the ferry with a heap more paperwork. You pay the money, fill out the freight forwarder stuff and drop it at the docks 2 or 3 days before hand and they do the rest. Show up 2 weeks later in Liverpool and sign it out. Dead easy. I shipped a mint classic Ferrari and it was no problem.

James

the freight might be cheap, but you have to pay duty and vat and customs fees..

only way to avoid this is - if its excempt of vat and duty -ie if car belongs to you and your just shifting countries.