The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted: Supra, budget of 5k. possibly

Wyntersun

Hi all,

Im on the look out for a fairly stock Supra. Ideally a Aero Top n/a or a TT. Auto or manual, not fussed. Liking the idea of an auto tho.

My budget is £5000. I have seen a few nice ones over my budget that have been very tempting, but really would like to stick to it.

Do I stick to my budget and wait for a stock one to come about or do i go all out and blow my budget and find a late spec TT.

Im not new to the toyota world, previously owned a 1994 J-spec Celica GT4. Which I loved. Sold it and bought a very late spec 1998 SSIII beams VVti Celica.

So do I do the same and buy a pre-face early spec 1993-1994 model and then wish I had gone for a late spec 1996,1997 face lift model.

Thanks

Matt

Edited by Wyntersun (see edit history)

blow your budget a little (but you'll loose less on this car than most others) and get the recently listed aerotop tt on pistonheads, just a little drive up to Essex could be a bargain, wouldn't surprise me if it's already sold but if not well worth a look.......

blow your budget a little (but you'll loose less on this car than most others) and get the recently listed aerotop tt on pistonheads, just a little drive up to Essex could be a bargain, wouldn't surprise me if it's already sold but if not well worth a look.......

If its the red one your talking about bud then that's not an aero..otherwise your right would have got snapped up ;)

Ok guys, im thinking of going to view 2 aero tops this week

1995 Aero top in blue

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201014356532861/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/5000/model/supra/make/toyota/page/3/postcode/ct195ll/radius/200?logcode=p#dealerProfileSection

I really like the colour too, I have asked for some more info on the Supe, like service history, body condition, etc, just waiting for a reply.

Am I right in thinking that a 1995 Supra would have an airbag steering wheel, or would it be a non airbag one? As if I do decide to go for it, I wound want to swap over the steering wheel back to original.

and a 1994 aerotop in black :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=260596142368&Category=18290&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_782wt_1167

Thanks

Matt

Ok guys, im thinking of going to view 2 aero tops this week

1995 Aero top in blue

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201014356532861/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/5000/model/supra/make/toyota/page/3/postcode/ct195ll/radius/200?logcode=p#dealerProfileSection

I really like the colour too, I have asked for some more info on the Supe, like service history, body condition, etc, just waiting for a reply.

Am I right in thinking that a 1995 Supra would have an airbag steering wheel, or would it be a non airbag one? As if I do decide to go for it, I wound want to swap over the steering wheel back to original.

and a 1994 aerotop in black :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=260596142368&Category=18290&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_782wt_1167

Thanks

Matt

Actually having a closer look ill would stay away from the Blue one pal ive been to see that around 6 weeks ago it wasn't too great i could have bought it for £2500 but it needed a total respray..and the pasenger wing didn't line plus the car showed previous signs of paintwork at was badly done.

Actually having a closer look ill would stay away from the Blue one pal ive been to see that around 6 weeks ago it wasn't too great i could have bought it for £2500 but it needed a total respray..and the pasenger wing didn't line plus the car showed previous signs of paintwork at was badly done.

Seriously?

I emailed him today asking about the condition, he replyed:

i matthew,there are no dents or scrapes or rust,mot is to july but will be prepared to put new mot with the car,tyes brakes pads disks all ok,if you go on dvla site with reg it will give you all the info you reqire regarding this car,there has been no auto box troubles,my wife has owened this car for the larst 6 years,it has loads of s/history,i will tax it for another 6 months,any aa or rac inpection wellcome,

kind regards tony brooks

Yep it was on there a while ago. Get the reg number if you can and ill dig out the hpi repor to confirm 100%

Here you got mate

N128 OGF but was previously on a personal plate of H16 NRG

I emailed him this afternoon a couple of times asking about this history etc, to which he replied to my questions. Then! he rang me on my home phone tonight at 9pm asking about if I wanted to come and view it etc, sounds desperate to me, kept saying how mint the Supra is and it was his wife's car for 6 years etc and that I wont find a better on at this price.

It came across as trying too hard to sell me the car, I asked him if it had been advertised before. He said yes, 4 to 5 weeks ago.

I wont be viewing this car!

Yep that's the one. If you do go to see it, look out for 'fish eyes' over the tail gate and roof also drivers rear quater. Passenger wing drivers door had been freshly painted, not a bad job but colour was slightly off.

Of course if the current vendor has given the car a full respray then it would be a nice car as it seems to have the right credentials on paper.

Sorry what do you mean by Fish eyes?

In all honesty, should I keep clear of this one? Does look nice, but feel as if the seller may not be telling me everything. But you did say the paper work has come back ok?

Does anyone from the club want to help me out and come and view it with me?