The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attempt at refurbing my alloys!Pics

foggy147

Right well decided today to finally do something about my alloys as they where in a right state and did not want to be going to Japfest as they really do ruin my car.

Anyways decided to sand them all down, got all the peeling lacquer off them, prepped etc ready for the paint. Decided on an anthracite colour as thought this would suit the colour of the car really well.

Here is a few pics of what my wheels where like before and as you can see not in very good condition at all:

And here is what they look like now:

Obviously they arnt as perfect as getting them professionaly refurbed but they are a massive improvement and I'm really chuffed with the result they a so much better than what they where like before. Only managed to get the front 2 done today will be doing the rears at the weekend:)

What you think guys?

Looking good matey, sorry i couldnt loan you my wheels for Japfest.

It's ok mate I appreciate all your help before:) I'm quite happy with the way mine are now really, got the new tyres fitted now as well so they are finally looking half decent lol. you going wim?

It's ok mate I appreciate all your help before:) I'm quite happy with the way mine are now really, got the new tyres fitted now as well so they are finally looking half decent lol. you going wim?

What tyres did you go for?

Well today it's time to finish the rest of the wheels off. Also decided whilst I'm at it to re-paint all my calipers black so everything looks like new, will update later tonight with some piccies :D fingers crossed it dont go tits up lol

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Literally just finished about 30 mins ago so has taken all day to do these lol. Some pics of what my calipers looked like and now with them all done and freshened up. Only got to wait for my supra logo stickers to arrive to put on the calipers but apart from that everything is done. Also resprayed all my window wipers as they were looking a bit tired.

Anyways what do you guys think?

:)

top work:) wish i did my calipers your way

For the alloys I used alloy anthracite spray paint and for the calipers I just used the black hammerite, obviously sanded everything down best I could as long as you get the prep work sorted painting is the easy bit lol

Your not suppose to paint the actual disk you know! :p

Wheels look nice although to be honest i cant tell apart from when you brought it down, probly cause i didnt realy take notice due to being confused about the colour of entire car :D

Your not suppose to paint the actual disk you know! :p

Wheels look nice although to be honest i cant tell apart from when you brought it down, probly cause i didnt realy take notice due to being confused about the colour of entire car :D

On first page theres some pics of what they did look like, if you compare em to them you'll see difference lol