The mkiv Supra Owners Club

10,5" et35 rear wheels? without rubbing arches

rydan88

Hi.

I wonder if anyone here runs 10,5" rear wheels with et35?

It would be great with some pics of it without modified arches! Please tell how much you have lowered it too!

Planning to buy a staggered set of wheels with 10,5" rear with et35..my arches are not modified, not planning to either.

Greetings

Rydan

I'm pretty sure you'll need to roll the arches to fit those. I had to when I changed to a wheel with a more "aggressive" offset. It's not a hard job though and you can't tell unless you get your head inside the wheel arch, so there's no downside.

if the offset where 40 instead of 35, would it work then? a lathe operator could do this? it's only 5mm

It would mean 5mm less material thickness around the bolt holes, not something I would mess with.

If you do buy them and they rub (and I'm pretty sure they will), just get the arches rolled, it is a very quick and simple procedure. Alternatively go for the 9.5J +35 wheels instead.

I have +43 offset with 10" rears. My car is very low and the wheels are 19's. The clearance from the tyre rim and unmodified arch is probably 2mm. But I get no rubbing at all. I reckon thats about the closest offset setting on 10" rears possible to not have to modify the arches.

For 10.5 inch rears, you'd need an offset of +49 to be equivalent.