The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wooohoo got my Sup I'm Supra Happy..! pix inside

Brazil

Hi Sup members :D,

I've been a member of this forum since a friend let me drive his 2yrs ago in Aberdeen! I owned a Toyota Celica GT4 BPU when I was 19 and studding in Aberdeen, and in the past 2yrs I was driving a M3 in the states and once I got a taste of the boost again I had my heart set on a Sup.:search:

I love the shape of the Supra stunning lines.! and plenty of BHP for your money..!:p

I bought Yulia's car 2000 VVTI TT6 with low miles she used to be a member on this forum, there is a Dyno for 390BHP that was done in AFR Tuning. I bought it because I would like it to be a reliable, daily driven fast street car and there is a good foundation for my project. ;)

When I bought it I visited AFR Tuning they had a look around, took it for a test drive, change the Oil and Dude shaved off the break discs 'if they were 1mm bigger it would of not fitted on the machine' Thanks Dude..! I received great hospitality from Dude and Matt and they were a great help especially as I was in a rush to catch my ferry to Portugal the following day.:)

Now for my project,

1) first I need to replace the clutch as Dude pointed out to me it's starting to slip! What are your opinions on clutches can a standard one handle 450bhp? that is the power levels that I am hoping to achieve in this project.:eyebrows:

2) Project de-cheese it...! I've already took off the boot roof spoiler and the golden tiger sticker & Ducati sticker, I think that the boot roof spoiler kills the line of the car and makes it look cheap..! And the golden tiger well..! not my taste..haha:rolleyes:

3) De-Cheese the interior 'Get rid of the Yellow'..! Instead I am going for Black leather & Alcantara with a tad of red leather. I will replace the front seats with the Cobra Misano black/red carbon back. Re trim the door cards, A pillars, roof lining, Dash I am going to attempt to die the rear seats my self and trim the roof lining and A pillars my-self 'watch this space' haha..! The door cards and dash I will leave it to the Pro's I think..! While the Dash is out I will put some El Glo dials and place some LED bulbs on the dash.:cool:

In general the car has not been given a lot of attention for a couple of yrs I think It's already looking and driving a lot better since I've been giving some TLC! I've also been polishing the lip of the wheels with a wet sand but the chrome is flaking off what you guys think of painting the chrome black or a dark carbon?:sly:

Now for the pic's...!

edited: I would like my interior to look similar to this one when it's finished.

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

Looks good mate,

As for clutch i'd go with a chris wilson uprated stock clutch.

I'm going to be getting this very shortly for my BPU.

PS

I'll take the seats off you for free if u want ;) just postage to aberdeen :p

Thanks for the advice mate..! I don't know what I will do with the seats till I get the new ones? But if I get rid of them I will prob try sleaze bay first before giving them away but if I did you would get first dibbs..! hahaha :p

Wow, nice car! Love the Endless brakes and the seldom-seen Do-Luck kit. You're right about the yellow interior needing to go, though! I think your wheels would look great in either gunmetal grey or just gloss black - really mean and moody!

Maaan that supra is hot, ive seen it when it had the whole gold thing going on, going to be stunning, go with a stock wing, alot of peeps would consider the trd, but stock will be cheaper and set that right of!

i want it:D

also your sooo lucky to have the endless brake kit! id do anything for it, ANYTHING!!

Congratulations!

I supplied Yulia with the Endless brakes a few years ago, they are a bit big!

HOW MUCH, HOW MUCH do they cost around, one day ill want these, so pm me a price delivered please. Always wanted the endless kit, i even considered painting my callipers and getting logos done to match:D

HOW MUCH, HOW MUCH do they cost around, one day ill want these, so pm me a price delivered please. Always wanted the endless kit, i even considered painting my callipers and getting logos done to match:D

I'm not trading at the moment so not sure about current prices, I'd guess you wouldn't get much change from £5K for the full set though (fronts and rears).

Thank's peeps for the compliments...! I wasn't very bothered about the interior because after getting used to the M3 interior I knew from the beggining that what ever sup I was going to purchase I was going to change the interior.

The car looks like a super car, drives, performs and sounds like a super car so its natural to give it a super car interior..!

Love the exterior; hate the interior - yellow:blink:

Yes the Interior is pretty wacky the yellow dash it the worst especially as its a bad paint job which you can't see on the photo. Still in real life the car wears the yellow much better then expected... There are black ferraris with yellow interior! Super cars get away with wacky colour combo..!:p

Still I am looking forwards to getting the interior the way I want it. It will be luxurious by the time I am done with it...!;)

With some tender loving care, looks like you going to have a really nice car there.

Sounds like you are heading down the right road with reversing out some herendous modifications, but each to there own and all that.

I have no clue why someone would think spraying their dash yellow would be a good thing, perhaps in a 911 Turbo with some carbon fibre around it on a yellow car, but with a black one ha........

Be great to see some pictures when your finished enjoy.

Can anybody tell me if any clutch made for 93+ will fit in my car? Is it worth getting a light weight fly wheel too? I've read that they can be noisy but if you increase your idle to 1350rpm you wont hear it?

• 7 months later...
My kind of car - lots of vents and bespoke shapes - love it!!!

Cheers dude, ' I can't wait to get it the just the way I want it..!

I've got a garage with lots of parts to add to it, just not had a lot of time to tinker with it.

I am having my interior upholstered once my Cobra Misano Lux Seats arrive then a new re-spray just in time for summer, I love shreding curvy Portuguese costal roads in summer...! hahaha