The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello - looking to buy my first Supra (N/A)

Guest muttleyturbo

Guest muttleyturbo

Hi,

Just joined up recently, I'm after a N/A to introduce me into the world of Supra's and then in a couple of years time hope to go TT.

How do people rate the N/A, a few people (non Supra owners) seem to think it's not a Supra unless it's a turbo :/. Judging from what I have read though I think the performance is still great for a N/A.

My budget is going to be about 3000k, do you think I will be able to pick something decent up for this?

Thank you

Hi,

Just joined up recently, I'm after a N/A to introduce me into the world of Supra's and then in a couple of years time hope to go TT.

How do people rate the N/A, a few people (non Supra owners) seem to think it's not a Supra unless it's a turbo :/. Judging from what I have read though I think the performance is still great for a N/A.

My budget is going to be about 3000k, do you think I will be able to pick something decent up for this?

Thank you

hit the search button dude lots of talk about it ;)

i own a N/A and i LOVE it!! has so much power you will not be disappointed!

hello,

NA owner. happy, and performance for road driving is great. I myself would like to upgrade to TT in the next year or so but the NA has been great and she looks fantastic. Incase you have not had a RWD car before, its also a nice entry into that world.

good luck with your search, 3K should get you an OK supra NA. Have a good look around you will find one that is right for you.

go for it, the NA is a good car and right now they can be very good value for money. Personally I would look for one with ABS and a LSD and also you'll save a fortune if you get one that looks as you want it already........ie if you get one with a nice exhaust and the skirts bumper etc you like (if kits are your thing) you will save a lot over getting a stock one and getting this done later.

If you are not too concerned with looks and just want the best stock car you can get then drive a few and get the 'tightest' plushest, most suspension knock free example as the main parts of the car are almost bombproof and very worn suspension components are expensive to replace and could ruin your enjoyment of the car.

Guest muttleyturbo

Thanks for the replies, I have done a bit of reading (the download-able PDF in the 'how to' section is fantastic)

I'm just looking for a clean example, I like the OE Toyota body kits (skirts and spats) and that's about as far as I would go kit wise. Just looking for a great stock car really :)

Welcome to the club.

I own an N/A and I think it's a beautiful car to drive, especially if you just building your way up. It's the first RWD car I've owned and I love it. No doubt you will either (even if you have driven other RWD cars).

I think getting in an N/A is a great way to start with the Supras.