The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1 hour and 42 minutes to go....

salvatore

.......and the supra is sold on ebay :( Don't really want to see it go, but it's one of those 'heart versus head' things. Never gets used when i'm away, and when i'm home, we've got two other cars that cover all our needs (plus i've got the bike for speed fixes:))

Anyone fancy a bid on it so at last i know it's going to a good home?:(

Hmmm, might not even have sold it yet...the guy buying it is in italy, and i have'nt heard anything off of him yet. This is my first time selling a car on ebay, and when his bid came up, i immediately thought "how the hell is he gonna collect?". :search:

Watch this space...it might still be up for grabs for the £5100 if i dont hear anything soon :cool:

Hi Dave,

Can't remember where i got those shiny bits - think it was miami GT...dunno if they are still around?:search: Guess you could get them off of most of the traders on this site.

A question open to all (especially those who've sold cars on ebay) - does it usually take so long for a buyer to contact you regarding a sale??? Starting to think i've been lead up the garden path here a bit.....:(

I think it's okay to email the buyer to try to chase it up. I think eBay say you need to allow 2 weeks as a reasonable amount of time before declaring a 'non-paying bidder' (although that's easy enough to check - I could be wrong), but it's up to you really.

Just don't leave yourself open to any kind of comeback by re-listing the car or whatever prematurely, because it could be as simple as the guy that's bought the car has gone for a weekend away somewhere having placed a bid before and hasn't checked to see if he's won yet. Or something like that anyway. Basically there could be a perfectly good and acceptable reason to have not heard anything yet.

Of course he could be some kind of mutant time-waster or his kid could have clicked a button while unsupervised on the internet. Who knows?!

I'd get in touch first, anyway.

I would think anyone who buys a 5 grand product on Ebay would contact you within hours, not days, just to set the logistics in motion, especially a buyer from abroad. How long is long enough before a seller can consider a bid to be bogus or unlikely to be followed through and sell to A N Other buyer, either on Ebay or elsewhere?

Hi Chris,

My thoughts exactly - if i was bidding on a car, personally i would'nt leave the seller swinging in the wind for over a week now, but as george pointed out earlier, he may be on holiday. As i said, i'll leave it to mid week then see what transpires. I've opened a payment dispute ticket with ebay regarding the auction.

I would advice you to just declare "non-paying bidder". You can do that at anytime afaik. It will then leave a timeframe for the other party to respond.

That will normally flush them out from wherever they are hiding :) That's if he has a valid account and not one of them bogus ones.

If I am bidding on something of that price, I would make sure that I will be available once the bid ends ;) Why bid and go on holiday?

Hi all,

He's just contacted me through ebay asking me to ship the car to italy for him :( even though i specified in the ad i preferred cash in hand and pick up. Gonna talk with ebay help later today and see what i can do.

Thanks for all the input guys - it's appreciated;)

Yeah don't do anything you're not comfortable with. If you want cash in hand and pick up then hold out for it, if he pushes for you to do something other than stated in the ad in the hope that you just need to sell it asap then it's most likely dodgy IMO.