The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Indicators

JamesC

Are the facelift bumpers different to the pre-facelift ones? I've just bought some diamond cut indicators which are for a facelift thinking that they would fit, but errmm dont. :stupid: The bumpers still look the same though.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.calverley1/sup/indicators.jpg

I believe that the fixings are different, and there does appear to be a very subtle difference in shape bwteen the two bumpers. You can see it in the bottom edge of the radiator hole. The facelift is more "smiley" :D

Plenty of peole have fitted facelift indicators to non-facelift cars so it must be do-able.

Originally posted by JamesC

Are the facelift bumpers different to the pre-facelift ones? I've just bought some diamond cut indicators which are for a facelift thinking that they would fit, but errmm dont. :stupid: The bumpers still look the same though.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.calverley1/sup/indicators.jpg

why havent they got the orange bulb caps? ive just got some through toyota and the orange reflection is crap.

They didnt have any orange caps on just orange bulbs. Got them on Ebay, sent from America.

Where they exactly the same from Toyota? didnt know you could get them, how much are they from Toyota? They cost me quite a bit after paying for postage and tax etc. :blink:

They didnt have any orange caps on just orange bulbs. Got them on Ebay, sent from America.

Where they exactly the same from Toyota? didnt know you could get them, how much are they from Toyota? They cost me quite a bit after paying for postage and tax etc. :blink:

just over £80 from toyota. i didnt want the ebay ones as several people on this forum had trouble with them

Originally posted by leett

just over £80 from toyota. i didnt want the ebay ones as several people on this forum had trouble with them

The ones from the US don't have the orange cap but come with orange bulbs instead. I think the problem with them is not the item but the suppliers, it's a bit hit and miss as to whether you actually get them or not.

If you want to remove the orange cap then the details of how to do it are on my web site.

Originally posted by mawby

The ones from the US don't have the orange cap but come with orange bulbs instead. I think the problem with them is not the item but the suppliers, it's a bit hit and miss as to whether you actually get them or not.

If you want to remove the orange cap then the details of how to do it are on my web site.

just noticed your way of removing the orange cap. ive just done it another way. i cut the screw off from the rear of the unit so that the cap falls into the light. then through the bulb hole cut it up using small side cutters. worked a treat:)

Originally posted by leett

just noticed your way of removing the orange cap. ive just done it another way. i cut the screw off from the rear of the unit so that the cap falls into the light. then through the bulb hole cut it up using small side cutters. worked a treat:)

Excellent, it's anyways good to have a choice of how to do something.

i cant remember what the auction price was of the indicators, but i thought it was only another $19 for shipping. this turned out to be $34 plus £22 for tax.

Hmm, this wouldn't be ProCarParts would it? Exactly the same thing happened to me. On the auction it quotes one price, but once I'd won it the bloke said the shipping would be more.

Matt

(Who still doesn't have clear indicators as he got sent bumper lights!!)

I got some all clear ones off Ebay..... nicejdmparts was the seller I think.. 50quid to the door

Had to modify them to take the existing bulb holders.... but was painless 15min job

I had to hoover the swarf out of them tho'!

I then got some orange 21w indicator bulbs and gave them a coat of silver to avoid 'fried egg ' syndrome

clear front.jpg