The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went to WIM

Stonkin

Had the car booked in with WIM today after feeling it felt quite loose to drive and the back end felt very light and unpredictable.

Gave it a quick wash and set off

Very nice bunch of guys and as others have said, it was gret to discuss things with them and be shown what they were doing. They said overall it didnt look to bad, but the rear left and front right were definetly out. They said it looked as though it had been setup more for track use which wouldnt have been great on the road but with the settings that were out it wouldnt be very nice to drive.

It was great to have the steering wheel straightened :) and it certainly did drive much nicer on the way home. The braking was much better at motorway speed and the car felt like it was driving flat and straight. For around £100 its highly recommended to anyone considering.

This was the print out...

Definetly does Andrew, i know everyone who goes always comes back saying the car felt great. But it genuinly is a proper wheel alignment check and does make a huge difference. The tyres are all new so figured it was a good time to get it done.

I was hoping to be at the meet yes but is likely i will be working and couldnt get away long enough to do the journey unfortunately.

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Is there such a thing as a quick wash in your trade:d

Car looks ace there

Was today, quick jetwash, wheels sprayed in bilberry, snowfoam, hand washed, dried and tyre gel, sorted in under an hour :) To be honest the paint isnt to great, but still comes up respectable. I'm sorting the interior at the mo. Theres several areas that need new paint and some body changes i want to make so it will be having a respray in the not to distant future, but wont be black as i fancy a change :)

I'm hoping that my name gets pulled out of the hat for the free explanation geo check adjust they'll be doing on the day at the WIM meet :D

Explanation for those that want it but in truth i want to calibrate as many cars on the day as possible. WD40 the rear adjusters would be a good move because if their seized that's it.

The meet i a "thank you" to the club and it's members, not a knowledge day meet like the ones COG have, although we do have knowledge day meets this is not one of them.

As said we have free food and refreshments, free Geometry, a set of tyres and coilovers raffled for £5, rolling road, GAZ suspension, Archenemy and others on site, our race cars and top Drift builders GarageD so it's going to be interesting.