The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anthracite or black..

Guest van_damme_supra

Guest van_damme_supra

i'm constantly changing my mind when it comes to what colour my car is gonna be.. black or anthracite.

i know i shouldend be asking anyone els but it really is 50/50 :(

Did Toyota themselves ever actually call a colour on the Supra 'Anthracite'?

It stikes me as odd because anthracite is actually a type of coal which is almost jet black. It's what they sell as 'smokeless coal' as it has the highest carbon content of any coal (it's almost pure carbon at over 90% carbon content and so doesn't produce much at all in the way of carbon dioxide.)

Can't figure out why they'd use the name of something that's very, very black for a colour that's grey.

Just my thoughts

if everyone who thinks there car is anthrasite checks there paint code an everyone who thinks its MSB checks we will have the answer! ill check mine in the morning!

If yours is the one I've seen around Eastbourne, then I'd say yours was MSB, and it's lovely, but I would really love a darker gun metal grey (anthracite)? :)