The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel nut help

CarlT67

I have what looks like standard wheel nuts fitted to my Rota GTRs and I cant get a socket on the front nuts to remove the wheels as the inset bits where the nut goes seems to narrow for the socket to go in, I need a slimmer socket I guess. Anyone know where I can get one as I want to swap the nuts over to some smaller drive black ones I have...

In the past I've ground down a standard socket on the bench grinder or turned them down on the lathe, easy if you've got the tools.

If you cannot do the above then:

Have you seen the wheel nut sockets that have the plastic sleeve over the top so you don't damage the alloy wheel.

They have a thin wall, but if it still won't go over the nut then remove the plastic sleeve.

Take your ruler/vernier along to Halfords. :)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_162289_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

A standard halfords deep reach will not fit.

In the past I've ground down a standard socket on the bench grinder or turned them down on the lathe, easy if you've got the tools.

If you cannot do the above then:

Have you seen the wheel nut sockets that have the plastic sleeve over the top so you don't damage the alloy wheel.

They have a thin wall, but if it still won't go over the nut then remove the plastic sleeve.

Take your ruler/vernier along to Halfords. :)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_162289_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

I will go grab one of those, removing the plastic is a good idea...!