The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement/uprated actuator req'd - Any recommendations?

leelbuk

Was close to finishing my Single conversion but have hit another bump in the road to completion! :(

Can't go above 1.2bar due to the actuator not being strong enough to keep the (internal) wastegate shut, even with the boost solenoid at full duty and the actuator fully adjusted it barely reaches 1.2bar and probably doesn't spool as quick as it could.

Does anyone have any recomendations/past experiences with any company that can supply decent actuators?

Would I be needing to find out exactly what turbo I have and find a matching actuator & bracket or is there someone I might supply measurements of my current actuator? Luckily it has a straight bar coming from it and not a bent one like some I have seen.

Thanks in advance for any advice/experience you could offer! :)

Boost control solenoid is fine - brand new AEM one fitted this week all controlled by the AEM EMS ;)

Even if the solenoid is fully open it is not able to stop the wastegate opening, it's just not strong enough :(

The wastegate opens early preventing quick spool and at 1.2 bar it is overwhelmed, opens and prevents it boosting any higher.

Will check both Turbo Techniks and CR Turbos - many thanks for the suggestions!