The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cars in at toyota tommorrow...

scooby_doo_do

Originally posted by mcanny

Hope you still have some spare cash to get it done properly once they have finished :)

Well although its more expensive but at least their work is garenteed as is their parts, thats the price you pay for 'Peace Of Mind' and in someones elses experience of a 'Clutch replacement' its better to get that kind of work done at Toyota, unless you go to non approved garage together with your 'BNP membership card, and a photo album to prove that you have at least six children to feed....otherwise I wouldn't bother....!!!!

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

My car's going in to toyota tommorrow for the first time since i've owned it.. Its having the clutch replaced and a cost of £541..... And then an oil change and the timing checked. Oh well, there goes the house at the end of the year !

£541 for a genuine Toyota clutch fitted by them? That sounds very reasonable. My GFs Vectra clutch cost me slightly more than that!

We'll...The car's still in toyota, apparently whoever fitted my clutch the first time forgot to put back all the bits and the something rods were missing (The bits that guide the clutch plate ?)

Aparently the whole clutch assembly's mullered. Just waiting on some parts to turn up, so hopefully tommorrow. But in the mean time i get to have a toyota YARIS ! How cool.... I'm going to see how fast it goes in reverse and get loads of other stats for it ...:p

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

We'll...The car's still in toyota, apparently whoever fitted my clutch the first time forgot to put back all the bits and the something rods were missing (The bits that guide the clutch plate ?)

Aparently the whole clutch assembly's mullered. Just waiting on some parts to turn up, so hopefully tommorrow. But in the mean time i get to have a toyota YARIS ! How cool.... I'm going to see how fast it goes in reverse and get loads of other stats for it ...:p

Tossers, the lot of them!

All they do is f*ck up, yeah you get a Yaris to thrash around but does this sort of thing give you confidence that even when you get the Supra back that things have been done correctly?

These guys are just fitters, not mechanics, the fact they left bits out shows their lack of experience and despite 'having some comeback as it's Toyota', I would rather it was done right in the first place.

Paul

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

Yeah John, they wouldn't have a clue what to do with it......

.....cos it's a J-spec.

Ben..

Don't worry, they ain't got a clue with UK's either ! I gave up long ago with the w*nkers.

Paul

Originally posted by dude

Main agents strike again !!!!:D

You're not kidding - I took mine in to get the horn fixed about a month ago. I could hear the 'mechanic' revving it up excessively in the car park as he took it in, then could hear him revving it again as he brought it out again 20 minutes later (with a decatted RSR, I'm not sure why he thought I wouldn't be able to hear him doing it). Anyway, have to wait 10 minutes for the girl behind the counter before I can pay the bill and she says that'll be an hours' labour! F*ck off I say, or words to that effect. She checks the timing sheet and it says 0.6 hours labour (she's doing some major rounding up). I point out he dropped the keys off 10 minutes ago and I was in fact still at home when he supposedly started work on my car. "Oh it can't be wrong, it's all done by computer" she says. But the 0.6 hours is scrawled in biro on a scrap of paper I point out. In the end she agrees to my offer to pay for 0.2 hours labour (at £56/hour + VAT!!), rather than pay £60+ for fixing a broken earth. They also fitted two replacement wiper rubbers, when I specifically only asked for the drivers' side, but apparently they're forced to charge for that.

Fish Brothers Toyota in Swindon, fantastic! :thumbs: :innocent:

:looney: