The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA vs. TT

carl0s

I was driving my Supra again today, mostly between 25 and 35 mph and rarely much above 2,000 rpm, sometimes just a little burst to get the box to change down to third at 30mph.

so.. I was thinking. Does the NA drive just the same? Does it pur and burble in the same way (automatic). Does it feel the same? Is it better on Fuel (else there's no point in any of this)?

I have to admin though, the speed with which this fcucking thing moves from 50mph to 100mph is simply gob smackingly fooomtastic. I was once again furiously astounded as I got fed up with the traffic surrounding me in Lane 1 of the motorway at 50mph and shoved my foot to the floor. I had to pull out two lanes 'cause I was at 100mph before I knew it.

Hello there,

If you don't use the TT's turbos at all, then the N/A and the TT will use about the same amount of fuel.

In the Supra's particular case it's generally quite hard to avoid using the turbos unless you're driving really gently, because the first one comes in at around 2500rpm. As you have probably noticed, it is also quite addictive :)

I have heard that N/As generally make louder noises than unmodded TTs, presumably because the exhaust gas doesn't get fiddled about with on the way out, so you might even get more burble from an N/A.

The NA and the TT seem to drink about the same petrol, both quite juicy, dont ask me how, but thats the case with ours.

The NA is a lot louder than the TT, like someone already stated, no turbo blades to fiddle it on the exit.

1st and 2nd gear, they are probably neck and neck, it isnt until the TT starts to wind up properly in 3rd that it pulls ahead like a freight train. The NA does feel lighter than the TT, around town this is better, but I think the more weight you have when doing 100+ the more the car feels planted to the ground.

Guest Rays the roof

I have a (non moddied) Jap NA auto and between 5,500 and 6,500 revs it sounds an absolute dream. Clean powerful roar and I can still have a conversation on MW at 130, but can't above 90 when the tops off!!!!

Came back from Manchester yesterday on M6 and great feeling when heads turn away from two-a-penny M3's, 911's and the various cabrios to gasp at one of the nicest ever designed cars.... the Supra... ummmmmmmmm!