The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2004 Supra Gumball - 14th & 21st August

mawby

The mkivSupra.net Southern Counties Gumball 2004

Following on from last years great success we are aiming to make this years even bigger and better! This years route will be longer, stretch much further across the South, and will have fewer stops.

The idea behind the Gumball is to allow as many people as possible to meet up from different locations across the South. There will be a set start and end point, with a couple of stops in between. People can join the convoy at any point, and break off for home when they feel like it. The hard core amongst us can do the whole route!

If you need persuading then check out last years thread here. Likewise, photos from last year Gumball are here, and finally, the videos! 38mb Preview and 175mb Film. (Both courtesy of millhouse)

Details

This years event will be split over two weekends. Saturday the 14th of August will be the Western part of the Gumball, covering areas including Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon, Dorset and Hampshire. The following Saturday (the 21st of August) will see the Gumball go through the Eastern counties, namely Surrey, Kent and Sussex.

Detials of the intended route and stopping points can be found here. This web site contains links to the destinations web site, direct multimap links, and also shows the location of Optimax petrol on the route!

As with last years event, I will keep this first post up-to-date with details and the latest names list - just post to this tread stating which days you are intending to join us on and I'll add you to the list.

Western Part

1) mawby + Genna

2) Supragal + STOX

3) Oxygene + Martin

4) Jive + Sarah

5) millhouse

6) Fiftyplus1

7) Mr T (andy)

8) Matttrd

9) SimonB

10) iS_nEaR

Eastern Part

1) mawby + Genna

2) Trev + Zoe

3) Supragal + STOX

4) Oxygene + Martin

5) Faye

6) Trig

7) Jive + Sarah

8) supradibbs

9) millhouse

10) Aerotop Dave

11) Amazing grace

12) Ian R

13) Spyda

14) Garfy

15) MARTIN R

16) Mr T (andy & sue)

17) zap

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 200SX Boy

Nah, I will tonight. Is that the one with the irate woman shouting about dangerous driving?

So is the format just drive along, stop at pub, drive along, stop at pub, etc?

It is, but you shouldn't let that put you off. She was slighly crazed.

You're description is correct..... if you don't like cars! :) If you enjoy driving the Supra then you'll love this event. There's nothing quite like 10 or more Supra's thundering up the motorway in convoy! Everyone looks to admire the cars, and it gives you a kind of invincible feeling.

The event is not intended to be a race, we do far too many mile for that. The normal speed is around 80mph, but there will be the occasional increase in speed for short bursts. Doesn't mean you have to though, you'll know where we're going and it wont take long for traffic to slow us down so you can catch up.

Originally posted by Aerotop Dave

btw mawby matey, what's the deal on the third leg costing a couple of quid? What have I missed?

Well if we decide to actualy enter the caves, then according to their web site it will cost £2 each.

• 4 weeks later...

Please put me down for the south western part on the 14th will be great to meet other Supra lovers. Hopefully car should be back from bodyshop by then :)

How come the western list is so short compared to the east? I see Supras round here all the time. Admittedly some nasty looking rides, worst offenders flame decals ???

Bought mine 3 years ago hardly ever sore another but now they have become so common that i just had to fit some nice kit on it to seperate the men from the boys.

Just a quick after thought, will we be avoiding speed humps? as ground clearance for my baby is an issue.

Originally posted by Matttrd

Just looked some of you up your all soooo young probably don't need an old fart like me tagging along.

Well now i feel old. :(

Too late, your name's on the list now. We normally have a wide age range attending so you wont feel out of place. :)

You may notice that we stop at one or two Little Chefs on the Gumball. Well if you visit their website and register you can print off a 2 for 1 voucher. In case that's not obvious enough, it means you can have two main meals and get the cheapest free. Now a bonus is the only condition is one voucher per couple per visit, so you can print of more than one and use them at each stop! There's also a 15% off voucher if you don't fancy a full meal. Sounds like a bargain to me. It's free to register and you just print off the vouchers. :thumbs:

Really, really sad :( can't make either of these now, and was looking forward to both this year.

Had a great day last year on Gumball West and was looking forward to lots more miles on faster roads (A303) !!

Have a brill time, may blast down in the "Westy" to see you off at Stonehenge.

Take lots of pics.......

Cheers

Gerry

How does this thing work? Are there set petrol stops as well as the little chefs? Or do we just fill up then catch up!!

If I can find money for petrol, I might manage all but the last northward stretch, just go along the A27 to home from Brighton way.

Originally posted by Gatso

Really, really sad :( can't make either of these now, and was looking forward to both this year.

Cheers

Gerry

It's a real shame the both of you can not make either gumball , as I was looking forward to meeting up again! Still, what about the bbq at cobham

:thumbs: Come on guy's & gal's the weekend is nearly here, their must be more of you up for a great day of convoying around the south west! Nothing better than the sight of a dozen plus supra's cruising the roads. What happened to the bournmouth massive?:sex:

TODAY

And if you wonder why I look a little tired today, I've been doing 13 hour working days the last couple of days, but to make matters worse I took the bumper off the Supe last weekend so Genna could mesh it (and she's done a cracking job if I do say myself) and it took me untill nearly 1 o'clock this morning to put the fooking thing back on! Argh! And it's still not finished, so it's another early start. :( Oh well, see you all at Stone Henge!

:(

Went to Dunster Castle; thought wed missed your departure at 1300 as it was 1315 - traffic! - thought we'd catch you so blasted to Little Chef at Whiddon Down. Waited until 1530 and had to leave.

where were you guys were you stuffed by traffic!!!

So we have the honour of driving the Gumball alone.

I say alone; who is L***BEA Veilside White Supra.

We chased him and her down M5; A30 to Whiddon and thought great weve caught the tail end of the rally; NOPE went staight on on the A30 towards Cornwall.

All I CAN SAY IS THE ROUTE WAS EXCELLENT BUT NOT HAVING MET YOU GUYS - GUTTED.

:(

fIFTY