The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Test Drive

Guest BHP>MPG

Guest BHP>MPG

Guys I'm going to test drive a car at the weekend hopefully, maybe with the intention of buying it but more to see how I like the auto gearbox and if I think I can live with it.

Is there anything I should be looking out for? It's from a dealership if it makes a difference.

It's 1993, L reg, automatic twin turbo, and priced at £4750 but nothing is declared to be wrong with it.

Cheers

Guest BHP>MPG

It does seem genuine, and comes with warranty (even if it is a month or so)

It also claims to deal in jap cars so it makes me all the more curious as to why it's so cheap.

My supra is a 94 on a L plate, auto tt, also alloys had been refurbed about a week before I purchased it and it was advertised for 4.5k, but I gave him my wrx and 2k cash, and rough value of my wrx is 1.3k to 1.5k but I technically sold my wrx for 2.5k, some people don't no how to value cars

When you look at it look at the v5 for the date of reg, mine is a 94 reg'ed as a 93 L but was registered in dec 2004, I would think it a import, which some people say are more expensive to insure but I found mine cheaper to insure than a uk equivilent

Guys I'm going to test drive a car at the weekend hopefully, maybe with the intention of buying it but more to see how I like the auto gearbox and if I think I can live with it.

Is there anything I should be looking out for? It's from a dealership if it makes a difference.

It's 1993, L reg, automatic twin turbo, and priced at £4750 but nothing is declared to be wrong with it.

Cheers

Be carefull and see if you can get a local knowledgable owner to go with you, a dealer will rarely mention any faults a car has if ever !! ;)

Post some more info on here so we can help, buying the wrong TT can be an expensive painfull business.

Guest BHP>MPG
has it got a bonnet scoop and washer jets on the bumper for the headlights? Classic things to show its a uk car

No bonnet scoop or washer jets so it appears it is an import

Post some more info on here so we can help, buying the wrong TT can be an expensive painfull business.

What other info would you like? Not much else I can gather but I can always email the dealer if there's anything people think I should be asking before I go to view it.

Thats Haydns old car is it not??

EDIT: Yes its haydns old car, I see Homer is viewing thread so Im sure he can link some of the posts from when Haydn put it up for sale and since sold it.. Im to lazy at the minute :)

Haydns for sale thread on that car

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203450&highlight=haydn

Lazy but quick ;)

Edited by scotty71
found haydns for sale link (see edit history)