The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange missfire

j80leo

I have developed a missfire after putting it back together, I have put the inletmanifold and TB back on, the battery has been disconnected for 6 months.

It also seems as it is running rich on start up and a little smoke from the exhaust which it can't be the valve stems as i have had them done last winter.

Can the ECU loose the program if not connected to the battery for so long, has anyone else had similar problems while doing the same job?

Thanks Adam;)

Adam ECU should retain the map (even after 6 months, mine was off for longer than that at one point)

Can't really help on the missfire except starting at the easiest & cheapest (ie coilpack connectors then maybe plugs)

Thanks Jay I have already replaced all the coilpack clips and not long changed the plugs but i might have another look at the plugs to see if it might be them.

Did you adjust the female end ala Ian C's guide? It's just I get a miss from time to time & I adjust them & it goes. The other day I actually removed the female end from the clip & pushed it onto the coilpack & couldn't believe how slack the connection was on the pin

Did you adjust the female end ala Ian C's guide? It's just I get a miss from time to time & I adjust them & it goes. The other day I actually removed the female end from the clip & pushed it onto the coilpack & couldn't believe how slack the connection was on the pin

When i changed them all i adjusted them to make them tighter but that was i while ago well worth a try fella.

When i changed them all i adjusted them to make them tighter but that was i while ago well worth a try fella.

Defo worth a punt, as I say I have to do mine every 6 months or so, in fact I'm getting so sick of doing it I'm dumping the stock connectors & doing my own

Defo worth a punt, as I say I have to do mine every 6 months or so, in fact I'm getting so sick of doing it I'm dumping the stock connectors & doing my own

I used to just have the prongs fitted onto the coilpacks a while ago and never had a problem, but then i thought i would make it better and put brand new connectors on i am thinking this might have been a bad idea:)