The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats the cost of a new door skin?

mathew

been around a few body shops to get quotes for the repairs to my passenger door and not really liking the idea of filling and spraying it, would much prefer a new door skin. a few of them are gona get back to me with quotes for it all but how much do door skins go for? and what would seem a fair price to supply, fit and spray a doorskin?

been around a few body shops to get quotes for the repairs to my passenger door and not really liking the idea of filling and spraying it, would much prefer a new door skin. a few of them are gona get back to me with quotes for it all but how much do door skins go for? and what would seem a fair price to supply, fit and spray a doorskin?

why not try and get a door off keron?

I've got a passenger door in spot on condition if that's the side you need. It's in orange however, so obviously would need spraying, but you would avoid all the filling.

£30, + delivery if needed

when you say door do you mean the full thing including door card, glass etc?

either way il be interested in that matt :)

When I had mine resprayed the bodyshop insisted on a replacement door rather than repairing a shallow dent. They also turned their nose up at replacing the skin only. Got one for about £50/£100 I think, including glass mirror etc.

You do not want a door skin mate , i would always repair or replace the door before getting a door skin fitted . getting a door skin fitted will cost you loads more then a 2nd hand door and it will be a much better job. Rich.

+1, a door skin is more likely to rust further down the line if it isnt done properly.