The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does this seem a fair price?

Clinton

Hi,

Im planning on getting a little work done, does £500 sound about right for the following work...

Fill in holes currently on bumper eg from toyota badge, front grill all being removed

Spray stock front bumper white (already in white)

Spray front splitter white

Fit bumper and splitter

Now the quality of work will be good so that is not an issue, and im not saying i would like to pay half and receive a sh*t job, just seeing if this is about fair?

Many thanks

Clinton

Hi,

Im planning on getting a little work done, does £500 sound about right for the following work...

Fill in holes currently on bumper eg from toyota badge, front grill all being removed

Spray stock front bumper white (already in white)

Spray front splitter white

Fit bumper and splitter

Now the quality of work will be good so that is not an issue, and im not saying i would like to pay half and receive a sh*t job, just seeing if this is about fair?

Many thanks

Clinton

I paid £150 cash to a local bodyshop for the same thing a couple of years back. Mind you i took the bumper off and dropped it down to them.

If you are handy with the tools and have a friend who can help you drop the bumper off it would be quite a bit cheaper.

Of course the OP could save money by doing some of the work himself, but the question was whether or not £500 sounds ok for the list of tasks he posted.

I'd say that providing the work is done to a high standard, then £500 isn't out of the way at all. Not cheap, but not the most expensive I've heard either. You generally get what you pay for and I'd think you want it done well.

Ultimately, you could save almost the whole amount and do it yourself, but that's the answer to another question.

;)

Thanks for your replies!

I was originally going to have a go at fitting it myself actually, and the bodyshop said they would rather the bumper on to do the job anyway so it makes sense to have a go at getting it on first!

I just wanted to hear what you lot thought about the price!

Cheers

Clinton