The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will this wheel offset work?

rydan88

Hi.

Intend to buy new wheels this week.

They are 8,5" et35 front and 10,5" et35 rear.

The front wheels will clear the arches but how about the 10,5" rear wheels with et35? I will not roll my arches.

Better to go with 9,5" et 35 rear?

The wheels are axe hiro (dare hiro).

Quick answers please

johan

Edited by rydan88 (see edit history)

Better late than never i thought he had asked to confirm thats why i posted lol (upping my post count really)

Not at all bud, I guess the more people to verify the better. Was just pointing it out for the op in case he had misunderstood :)

When using the 275 it just has a wider look on the tyre wall as it is straight up rather than the 265 which have a only slight stretch, o and yeah im happy with my wheels not had a prob thanks

Not quite true, the profile height of a tyre is definied by the width.

Eg if you have 2 tyres of different widths with the same profile....

265 x 18 x 35

275 x 18 x 35

The profile height of the 275's will always be higher than the 265 as it is 35% of the width/2. Not taking stretch into account the 265's will be 46.375mm and the 275's will be 48.125.

HTH :)

Ok maybe i didnt put what i ment right, but my 275s on the wall went straight up having a very flat wall so filled out more to look at but with the 265s being a tad smaller you could tell as they were a slight curve above the alloy does that make sense ?

The wheel dealer called me back today, said that the 9,5" are not avaliable. But he said that he had triple checked with the manufacturer that the 10,5" wheel will fit and not rub the arches with 265 tyres. He is the one dealing with wheels every day, not me, so i just have to trust him....

Comments?

The site selling them is http://aands.alloysuk.com/index.php?page=homeas

Edited by rydan88 (see edit history)